Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

stoke air filter

550 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  owenkicker 
#1 · (Edited)
stock air filter

I'm looking at my air filter options? I had someone give me a AFE stage 1 for free ( gray filter element) I don’t know if that is a dry or oiled?
looked around the org a little. everyone said that the stock is good up to 500 hp. I'm no were close to that. so looking at a new stock filter I see motorcrafts is blue and after markets are white is there a differents in how good they work? white/blue? I don't see and reson to put the AFE on it. still looks like the AFE would be a pain to get in and out

#2 ·
They're all a pita to get in and out. The stocker is ok to 500hp as you noted. Not sure which AFE you have but AFE makes a decent setup. I run an Airaid on mine. I like the sound of the intake. With the stocker you can't hear anything.

#3 ·
For longevity of the truck I would stick with the stock air filter.

I have head that the stock is good up to 500 hp but never heard of where this info came from. Every one seems to say that, and I have no idea of its origin

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.