Upgrading mirrors on an 04 XL - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2010, 02:49 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Upgrading mirrors on an 04 XL

Can I upgrade my mirrors on my 04 XL to the towing mirrors with turn signals and heaters? I know how to replace the mirrors as I had to do this once already. I am good at wiring things up so that is not a problem. I am looking for the extendable towing mirror with heater and lights, but the only ones I find are the power adjustable versions. Any help and ideas is greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2010, 01:57 AM
Drivin the 6.mOney pit

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
You can upgrade them to the 99-06 style tow mirrors or the new 08-10 mirrors with some minor modifications. There are some posts on here detailing the whole process and wiring. I have the OEM 08-10 mirrors on mine. Still have to wire up the power fold/tele
Old 11-05-2010, 05:10 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by armyguy209 View Post
You can upgrade them to the 99-06 style tow mirrors or the new 08-10 mirrors with some minor modifications. There are some posts on here detailing the whole process and wiring. I have the OEM 08-10 mirrors on mine. Still have to wire up the power fold/tele
Thanks good info, but being my truck is an XL, I dont have a power adjustment switch. As it is I will have to make a wiring harness to activate the lights/turn signals. I will just wire the heaters to a toggle switch. I was wondering if anyone out there makes these mirrors with just the heat / lights. I thought it would be cheaper if I didnt have the motors in them. Thanks for your help and thanks for serving!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.