Which Gauge? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2010, 07:07 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Which Gauge?

I purchased 3 ISSPRO EV2 gauges from Diesel Manor and a 4 gauge pillar mount. I already have the usual gauges, ECT, trans temp and boost. Which gauge should I use as my 4th? I was thinking of either a HPOP or fuel pressure gauge and have received conflicting information on which is most important. Does anyone have any ideas of which one is the most important to monitor, and why? Is there another gauge I should use instead?

I have a 2006 F350 with about 35K miles on it. Thanks for your help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2010, 08:12 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

seems like most people on here go with EOT, ECT, EGT and Trans or Fuel Pressure. my 06 has a stock boost gauge which is accurate enough.
Old 11-03-2010, 08:21 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

GLow shift guages are badass
Old 11-03-2010, 09:33 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
There are two issues that will cause exspensive repairs if not monitored.

EOT and ECT will need to be monitored to tell if/when your oil cooler gets blocked. If the delta between the two gets greater than 15* under normal driving conditions, the oil cooler is getting blocked. When the coolant passages in the oil cooler gets blocked, there will be no coolant to flow to the egr cooler which can cause egr cooler failure. Giving enough time with a failed egr cooler, coolant can end up in the cylinders and cause the stock bolts to stretch to cause HG failure. Even with a egr cooler delete if you don't monitor the ECT and EOT, when and if the oil cooler gets blocked, the oil can get super heated and cause the plastics in the oil filter housing to melt and damage to motor.

Fuel Pressure gauge--when fuel pressure drops below 45 psi while normal driving and at WOT, will starve the injectors and cause them to fail.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.