EGR delete - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2010, 05:48 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
EGR delete

I'm going to delete my EGR system. I have no idea what kit to buy though. Who has had good luck with what kit out there? thnks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2010, 06:44 AM
Serving Our Country!

type this into google site:powerstroke.org egr delete

hit search

start reading all the great info this site contains
Old 11-03-2010, 06:48 AM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by diablos30 View Post
type this into google site:powerstroke.org egr delete

hit search

start reading all the great info this site contains
Or this:

Cornraker, how much money are you wanting to spend? What are your goals for your truck? What is currently done to your truck?

You can delete the EGR for as little as a $300 kit to a $1200 kit.
Old 11-03-2010, 08:26 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

My goals are to make this thing as reliable as possible. I use it to tow my wood trailer which is usually around 8k lbs. I can't really afford to have the truck crap on me completely so i'm planning on putting some money into and try to make it more reliable. From what i've been reading, and EGR delete is a good place to start. Diesels are exempt here in MD so I won't have any issues with emissions. I also plan on installing a monitor like a Edge Insight to watch EGTs and the like. What do you think about removing the cat the muffler? The extra noise woudn't bother me but i'm wondering if could negativley affect anything?
Old 11-03-2010, 08:34 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

im thinkin about bulletproofs egr delete !!!
Old 11-03-2010, 10:42 AM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornraker View Post
My goals are to make this thing as reliable as possible. I use it to tow my wood trailer which is usually around 8k lbs. I can't really afford to have the truck crap on me completely so i'm planning on putting some money into and try to make it more reliable. From what i've been reading, and EGR delete is a good place to start. Diesels are exempt here in MD so I won't have any issues with emissions. I also plan on installing a monitor like a Edge Insight to watch EGTs and the like. What do you think about removing the cat the muffler? The extra noise woudn't bother me but i'm wondering if could negativley affect anything?

Always nice to see someone else from Md. on the board. In order of execution I would first and foremost get your monitoring solution in place. You need to have some knowledge about what's going on with your truck before you start in. Once you have been able to monitor you ECT and EOT for a while and get a feel for the condition of your oil cooler you can start to make plans. If your oil cooler looks healthy I would recommend that you flush the cooling system and refill it with ELC coolant. The Ford Gold coolant is what causes the problems with oil coolers, egr coolers and head gaskets on the 6.0. Once you have the coolant changed I would drive it and keep an eye on things. You may not need to do anything else but put a coolant filter on.
Old 11-03-2010, 10:53 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGreenSVT View Post
Always nice to see someone else from Md. on the board. In order of execution I would first and foremost get your monitoring solution in place. You need to have some knowledge about what's going on with your truck before you start in. Once you have been able to monitor you ECT and EOT for a while and get a feel for the condition of your oil cooler you can start to make plans. If your oil cooler looks healthy I would recommend that you flush the cooling system and refill it with ELC coolant. The Ford Gold coolant is what causes the problems with oil coolers, egr coolers and head gaskets on the 6.0. Once you have the coolant changed I would drive it and keep an eye on things. You may not need to do anything else but put a coolant filter on.
ok cool. thanks man
Old 11-03-2010, 11:14 AM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete37922 View Post
im thinkin about bulletproofs egr delete !!!

I don't know why they call that an egr delete because it doesn't delete the egr lol. It replaces the oem egr cooler with their own which is a very good unit. Anyway, the Bulletproof stuff is top notch.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.