Problems after EGR Delete - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2010, 09:30 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Problems after EGR Delete

I attempted to do the EGR Delete myself and save some money but it did not workd out too well for me. I installed a Sinister Delete. When taking out the manifold I broke the electrical cap to one of my injectors at the base. I believe I am going to have to replace the injector because I have not seen the plastic electrical connector for sale by itself. I was not having any problems with my truck, just decided to delete before I started having problems. With the electrical connector attached the best that it could be I run my truck. It runs very bad at first like it is running on 6 cylinders. After it warms up it runs better.

I noticed that when I push the truck the turbo boost gauge does not go past the half mark (20lbs). With the truck running I tried to adjust the injector cap that was busted to see if it would run better but it did not. With the truck running I disconected the electriclal connector to see if there would be a differece in the way the truck ran and I noted it ran worse when I pulled it so I dont know if that is my problem or not. Any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2010, 09:12 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Need some help here guys

Would the fact that the injector connector is not clipped on and secured properly cause the truck to run poorly?
Old 11-03-2010, 10:12 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Yes, it would.

I might be mistaken, but I think you're going to have to replace the injector. I've never heard of anyone being able to replace the connector.

And a free bump for ya. Hopefully someone else will chime in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.