looney tune info - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2010, 09:22 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
looney tune info

I have seen some trucks online with the looney tune but I cant find any info of what all the specs are on it as far as hp rating and fuel mileage. Also where an i get this tune.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-31-2010, 09:31 AM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
The Looney tune was from the defunct DJ's Performance. It is now available from Vivian at Quick Tricks Automotive Performance.
Old 10-31-2010, 09:34 AM
Powerstroke Techie

The original looney files were from DJ's performance. Vivian (Mombenz) is now with Quick Tricks Automotive Performance. I had bought my X-3 years ago for her, she is GREAT to deal with. You can try calling or send her an e-mail. It may take a couple of days, but she will get back to you.
Products
Old 10-31-2010, 12:27 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

How is the power compared to Innovative and Gearhead?
Old 10-31-2010, 01:53 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleeper1 View Post
How is the power compared to Innovative and Gearhead?
Here's a copy from there web site.
SCT*CUSTOM TUNING for Ford 6.0L (2003 - 2007)

For stock trucks we charge $50 for one file and $40 for each additional for the same truck with the same tuner.* Injector and/or non vgt turbo files are $65 for the first file and $55 for each additional for the same truck with the same tuner.

We would need to know the year of your truck, model, 4x4 or 4x2, auto or manual transmission, gear ratio, revs per mile based on your tire size or your three tire dimensions, your strategy and the serial number from you SCT.

This is the calculator we use to figure your revolutions per mile: Tire size calculator

We used to use Redrock to convert standard to metric cause Powerdog only does the conversions in metric but Redrock no longer offers the calculator. I found this one DML Tire and Wheel Calculator which seems to work well.

We*would also need to know your name, address and telephone number.** Our Paypal account is techmiami123@yahoo.com.

We accept Visa, Mastercard and Discover.*
Here is a little bit of information*as to*what applications our tunes are designed for:
Economy is designed for bumper-to-bumper traffic to reduce turbo lag.* We've been told you can save between 2-4 mpg. (40rwhp)
Tow is designed for pulling.* A normal tow file is about 50hp, when aggressive can range between 65-75.* We can also add jake brake to any tune, except Looney.* This feature works with the exhaust back pressure in your truck.
Street is designed for highway driving.* It's drivability parameters are intensified for ease in passing and maintaining higher speeds for longer periods of time. (90-120rwhp)
Looney is designed for city driving and the track.* It is the highest race tune that we will send via the net without physically tuning your truck. (130-160rwhp)

We have varying degrees of towing options and jake brake is available.* Let us know what you are looking for and we'll suggest what would work best for you.*
Old 10-31-2010, 02:08 PM

Thanks I did see that. I was wondering more about the SOTP feel of the tune. Innovative and Gearhead have similar power gains but are different in their own way. Just want to know people's thoughts about it
Old 10-31-2010, 02:47 PM
Powerstroke Techie

SOTP, Extreme street and Looney feel about the same except the Looney don't lock the TC at 40mph, it only locks in OD.

Extreme Race and Looney Wild (race) feel about the same, except the Looney Wild don't lock the TC in 2nd gear, it locks in OD.
Old 10-31-2010, 03:00 PM

Ok thanks...that's good info. I kind of like the idea of Looney Wild locking in OD. I might have to try that one out. I'm about to go out and put in Eric's XRace which I just got today. I'm interested to see how much of a difference there is from the XStreet. I'm still waiting for Matt's SRL+. So far his regular SRL is my favorite.
Old 10-31-2010, 03:05 PM
Powerstroke Techie

The extreme race locks the TC in 2nd gear, you may have to change your driving habits alittle. Tends to lug the motor down when you ease into the throttle. You either have to lay down on the skinny pedal faster to downshift or tap the brake pedal to unlock the TC so it can downshift sooner.
Old 10-31-2010, 04:16 PM

I just took the truck for a ride with the XRace and I was pretty happy with it. I thought it would be a little unstreetable for a DD tune but that doesn't seem to be the case. It does lug down a little but not enough to bellow out a ton of smoke. The power on tap is awesome too. It pulls like a freight train.
Sorry for the hijack by the way...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.