2008-2010 tailgate backup camera ?'s - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2010, 01:46 PM
Drivin the 6.mOney pit

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
2008-2010 tailgate backup camera ?'s

I have already posted this in the electronics section with no responses...probably due to the fact that not nearly as many people look in there so I am reposting it here hoping to get some help..

So I have the 2008-10 tailgate installed on my truck and have just ordered the tailgate handle with the camera hole from Tasca Ford parts. I also have an Eclipse double din touch screen that I will hook the camera to.

I already had the OEM camera that I ordered from ebay a while back..
FORD F150 F250 REAR BACKUP CAMERA FOR REAR VIEW MIRROR: eBay Motors (item 140466038913 end time Nov-13-10 21:10:04 PST)

The part number from the camera as shown in the pics below...AG1T-19G490-AA...

I am curious if this camera will work in the tailgate handle? Is this the same camera that they come with? I have seen a bunch of different ones, some being with a metal housing. This one I have doesnt have any type of mounting system.

Also it has 6 pins straight across and ford wont sell me the wiring harness separately. Does anyone happen to have a diagram for which pin does what? This is all I really need to know..I assume one of the pins is for power and one of the pins is ground, which I will just wire into an outfitter switch most likely.

Then there is the video portion which I have no idea how many pins that is. If I can find this out I will just solder the wires onto the correct pins and fill it in with epoxy rather than buying the harness which appears I cant get anyways.

I had Ford run the part number on the camera and it comes back to a 2010 Ford Taurus(weird because it said it was for a f150/f250 emblem cam but I guess Ford uses the same cam).

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

SIDE

FRONT

BACK
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-28-2010, 01:51 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Sorry to be of little help but my new ones has a metal housing. Dunno if that makes a difference or not though.
Old 10-28-2010, 01:54 PM
Drivin the 6.mOney pit

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Did yours come with the wiring harness already attached? What did it run you out of curiosity? I got this one for 80 bucks off ebay and for ran the number and said like 350.00...I was like WTF??? for a camera?
Old 10-28-2010, 02:06 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Lol, thats rediculus. I paid just barely over that for the whole damn tailgate with a step. Mine came already in the tailgate.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.