Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

NEED ADVICE BAD!!!! HELP

767 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  smokersteve 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

I need some advice. I'm in a major problem right now with my truck down at the dealership. My 1st question is if a dealership installs ARP studs and new headgaskets under warranty to replace bad headgaskets, does that void any warranty with Ford. My problem is this. I had my truck worked on 7 months ago at Friendship Ford in Bristol, Va and they installed ARP studs and new black onyx head gaskets which they recommended and told me didnt effect my warranty and was very common. My truck ran great for a few months and then it started puking again, but only once in a while when I towed heavy. I then moved to Sarasota, FL and while I was down here it started puking all the time when I had it under load. Driving under no load and really slow it didnt have a problem. I took the truck into the dealer down here and they began tearing into the truck to find out what was the problem and why I had pressure built up in the coolant. Once they found out what it was they called me in to the shop, and showed me it was the headgaskets again. They told me that the previous dealer didnt clean the head surface off very well and you could still see the blue silicone from the factory heads all over the place. The told me to take pictures of it and it was obvious it was a rush job. Everywhere it was, I had hot spots on my heads. I took my heads to get pressure tested to see if they had issues and they were not cracked but needed 5000ths taken off to get them flat again, and Ford told me that is too much and above the tolerance and now I need new heads at $1600.00 a piece. the total bill now is $9000 for new heads, gaskets, and to put the truck back together. The dealership who has my truck says I should not have to pay for this and the other dealer should be totally responsible. I filed a claim with Ford and they have been taking their sweet time ( now 4 weeks). They are telling me they are trying to work things out and having to go up the chain to get it approved around warranty and cant promise me that they will pay for this, but promise I wont have to pay the entire amount. I told them that if a dealer does warranty work on my truck and fails to correct the problem and does faulty work, Ford should pay for it or that dealer especially since its still under warranty no matter what dealer or state I am in. Isnt that correct? What do you guys think or has anyone had any experience like this? Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am in a major bind. I really need to get my truck back bad, but cant fork out 9000 to get it fixed. Thanks.

See less See more
#3 ·
I am sure that Ford will not help out. The first dealership's decision was not condoned by Ford, they just said so. Ford has never approved of head studs. You will have to take it up w/ the dealership, not Ford.

#4 ·
ya you are going to have to fight the dealership. My studs were done under warranty also, (previous owner had a brother and best friend that were diesel mechanics for ford) but Ford does not approve studs, only the bolts. I would assume the dealerships do the studs because 1. its pointless putting bolts back in and 2. it makes the customer happy and they are hoping that word will spread that they do things like studs so they get more business.

With that said, one thing that might work, if you have a receipt from the dealership that says studs, is tell the dealership that if they dont pay up, that you will tell Ford that they broke the rules and did your studs under warranty. Basically using leverage. May or may not work.

#5 ·
Totally agree with you guys^^^^^
I was saying that ford should. Ethically that is.. But we don't live in a world of ethics anymore..
So ya, you're definitely going to have to dust off the boxing gloves and fight.

#6 ·
sorry man, I understand the anxiety is extreem... This is difficult but next time you talk to the dealer wright down what you want to say and memorise it so you can remember everything that you would like to say. This is just another chalange in your life. I hope that it works out. If they do not work on it then see if you are able to do the work.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.