Ford F350 Tonka Concept
So i watched tobys vid on "whos your daddy" and he is driving one. i got to looking and it has a 6oh in it, has the same grill as a 2005-2007, some ideas on the 6.4/6.7, a fuel rail and more.
yall think ford used this for the next truck at the time? this was aparently in 2002.
PickupTruck.Com - 2002 North American International Auto Show: Ford's Mighty F-350 Tonka Truck
Ford Mighty F-350 Tonka Concept Technical Specifications
Length: 242 inches
Width: 93 inches
Height: 84 inches
Wheelbase: 165 inches
Track width, front: 74 inches
Track width, rear: 80 inches
- Power StrokeŽ Super-600 concept: 32-valve, turbocharged, 6.0-liter V-8 diesel with cast iron block and heads and forged steel crankshaft
- Displacement: 363 cubic inches / 5,954 cc
- Bore: 3.74 inches / 95.0 mm
- Stroke: 4.13 inches /105.0 mm
- Compression Ratio: 18.0:1
- Injection: Electro-hydraulic w/Generation 2 fuel injection
- Turbo: Electronic Variable Response Turbocharger (EVRTTM)
- Emission Controls: Diesel oxidation catalyst, electronically controlled exhaust-gas recirculation
- Horsepower: 350 @ 3,300 rpm (estimate)
- Torque: 600 lb-ft @ 2,000 rpm (estimate)
- PowerTorq™ five-speed automatic concept
- Gear Ratios:
- Shift control: Fully electronic solenoid control of clutches with adaptive learning capability
Four Wheel Drive System
- Rear- or four-wheel drive with low-range transfer case and limited-slip rear differential.
- Manual Torquemaster override
- Front: Live axle with air springs, stabilizer bar
- Rear: Live axle with air springs
- Four-wheel disc brakes
- Four-wheel anti-lock brake system
Wheels and Tires
- 22 x 11-inch chrome wheels
- 315/60R-22 Goodyear tires
- Dual rear wheels
I remember seeing this truck in his video as well a long time ago. Interesting how much similar it is to the current generation trucks technology wise.
Any of your guys know much about the Ford Super Chief Concept?
The front end of this truck is very similar in looks to the 11+ trucks. Grille, headlights, ford oval, hood.
Last edited by mazsecond; 06-18-2012 at 05:29 AM.