I need some input please - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2010, 07:04 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I need some input please

So I have two questions I want to address in this thread.

1. I took my truck in to ford to have it looked at. I drove it last week after it sat for a week and I was having fun getting on it and running through the full boost and basically driving it like I stole it. I didn't notice at first because I was having fun with the music up. After I got off the freeway I noticed she sounded really rough. Loud idle but not normal and inside things were buzzing so you could tell it was running rougher than normal. No noticable loss of power and no smoke. Dealer said it might be an exhaut issue. Does this sound right? Any other ideas.

2. That brings me to my other point. When I was there the guy who looked over my truck and took serious interest in my coolant filter and then started asking (in an accusing manner) so what other mods have you done to this truck? I said I didn't because I don't. I said I didn't understand because I have had it in with the coolant filter before, for warranty work even and they have never said anything before. It seems they were contemplating voiding a warranty over my coolant filter. He said Ford is cracking down and wants to know all mods. Has anyone else heard of or experienced a heightened choke on mods or had their warranty voided over a filter.

Thanks guys.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-26-2010, 08:14 AM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
1. Not enough info for me to diagnose over the internet. Would really help to see it and hear it lol. Do you have access to AutoEnginuity or something like that?

2. Yeah people have been complaining about that for years. Technically speaking it is illegal under the Magnusson Moss Act but I couldn't afford to fight Ford in court over it. You need to find a mod friendly dealer. The guy who gave you that stuff sounds like a real dick.
Old 10-26-2010, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGreenSVT View Post
1. Not enough info for me to diagnose over the internet. Would really help to see it and hear it lol. Do you have access to AutoEnginuity or something like that?

2. Yeah people have been complaining about that for years. Technically speaking it is illegal under the Magnusson Moss Act but I couldn't afford to fight Ford in court over it. You need to find a mod friendly dealer. The guy who gave you that stuff sounds like a real dick.
I have never heard of AutoEnginuity. Yeah without seeing or hearing it would be a hard one unless someone who has experienced it said YES that happened to me. What I hear is over the normal sound of the engine there is a rough groaning sound. Almost like the sound of a power steering turned hard over but a little more raw and all the time. Not sure that will help.

The guy seemed a bit of a jerkoff. I think I must be flagged as a pain in the A$$ because they always give me a hard time but I want my truck to get fixed and run right and when I pay thousands of dollars I expect perfection, so I have gone off a few times. As far as a mod friendly dealer, I haven't been able to get anyone to give me the green light for one in the greater Los Angeles area. Not sure if that means there aren't any or if they are afraid of the secret getting out. I need to find a new dealership anyway, the place I go (supposedly number one service in the country) doesn't even have a diesel tech on the weekends. So the one day that I can drop off the truck they tell me that because they get such a backlog over the weekend they tell you it could be tuesday even before it gets looked at. Plus they arent even on site they send my truck a few mile up the road to a fleet services shop. Not sure why I have to deal with the middle man.

Last edited by Lucy06; 10-26-2010 at 10:26 AM.
Old 10-26-2010, 11:05 AM
Slacker

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Maybe a cracked flex section in your up-pipe that is causing some noise. That's about the only thing I can think of where you wouldn't have a performance issue or smoking but still have a bunch of noise.
Old 10-26-2010, 11:30 AM
Super Moderator

Lucy, what about Galpin? They do a lot with Mustangs.
Old 10-26-2010, 12:03 PM

Did the dealer say what is wrong yet? Any codes?

It could be a few things.

Give us more about your truck, miles, previous work done... ?
Old 10-26-2010, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokersteve View Post
Did the dealer say what is wrong yet? Any codes?

It could be a few things.

Give us more about your truck, miles, previous work done... ?
Haven't heard anything yet, 43,000 on a 06, regular service with no major work since I have owned it for the last year. The dealer printout didn't show any major issues or service from the previous owner either. They did replace a seal on either the oil cooler of the oil pump (don't remember which) under warranty about a month and a half ago. That's about it.
Old 10-26-2010, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Lucy, what about Galpin? They do a lot with Mustangs.
I definitely know of Galpin, my buddy gets his gasser worked on there. He recently had issues there. He said their customer service was really good but they were being held to Ford's rules. That's fair but sounds questionable if they are that way with some tranny issues that they would think very highly of mods.

What have you heard about them and mustangs? Do you think if I just called and asked if they are MOD friendly they would give me an honest answer?

The only other issue is that they are about 30 miles in the wrong direction to even happen by them. It may be worth it though.
Old 10-26-2010, 12:51 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucy06 View Post
I definitely know of Galpin, my buddy gets his gasser worked on there. He recently had issues there. He said their customer service was really good but they were being held to Ford's rules. That's fair but sounds questionable if they are that way with some tranny issues that they would think very highly of mods.

What have you heard about them and mustangs? Do you think if I just called and asked if they are MOD friendly they would give me an honest answer?

The only other issue is that they are about 30 miles in the wrong direction to even happen by them. It may be worth it though.
Hell I'd drive 200 miles or more to get my stuff done right. I would call the service writer up and just have an honest discussion with him about your truck and the mods on it and see if he has any issues with that and warranty support. I find the straight ahead approach tends to work best.

When I had the race motor for my Cobra (4v Mod motor) built I put all the stuff in the back of the Magnum and drove it from Baltimore, Md. to the middle of Michigan to have it built by the shop I wanted to build it.

I have already admitted to being really anal about this stuff.
Old 10-26-2010, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Hell I'd drive 200 miles or more to get my stuff done right. I would call the service writer up and just have an honest discussion with him about your truck and the mods on it and see if he has any issues with that and warranty support. I find the straight ahead approach tends to work best.

When I had the race motor for my Cobra (4v Mod motor) built I put all the stuff in the back of the Magnum and drove it from Baltimore, Md. to the middle of Michigan to have it built by the shop I wanted to build it.

I have already admitted to being really anal about this stuff.
Anal indeed but I can't fault you for that I am too. Especially when you are spending the amount of money they expect you to pay. It better be right.
So what/how have you head of Galpin?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.