Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Strategy Code VXCF4C5 ?

1K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  kenny7231 
#1 ·
Is this flash ok or should I get a new flash.

#2 ·
that one is good, I was at the dealer and they gave me the new one. it is great but I get ~3 mpg less. So I am getting mine reflashed back to VXCF4. And my tunes go to VXCF4, that is the 2nd reason

#11 ·
So you can bring it back to the dealer an tell them u want that flash? Why not go with php?

#3 ·
If youve got that flash dont touch it

#6 ·
You mean the smell?

Who's tuning are you running?

#7 ·
It's raw fuel in a white haze and it only does it during idle cold or warm. No other engine symptoms at all. I was getting an exhaust bp sensor code but put a eliminator on it and it went away. I also deleted the egr cooler but left the valve in the motor. I turned it off with the sct tonight and the smoking seemed to clear up. I'm not sure be suspect the pcm was giving a fuel strategy that was incorrect because it was getting some false sensor readings. Does this sound right or am I way off.

#9 ·
Return it to stock. see if it still stinks on cold starts.

Between that and the P0611 code in your other thread Im inclined to say your Swamps FICM is bad

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.