Whats my 2006 worth? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2010, 02:47 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Whats my 2006 worth?

Hey guys,

Contemplating selling my truck and trying to get a realistic number on what its worth.

The details

2006 F250 6.0 PSTD Ext Cab long bed FX4 Lariet. White

105,000 miles
lariet package w/...
gray leather (not cracking)
leather steering wheel (not Cracking)
wood grain accents

upgrades...
ARP Studs
Sinister EGR delete
Edge Insight w/ EGT probe
SCT x3 with 3 Innovative diesel tunes (tow, street, xtreme street)
325/70/17 (35x13 17) Nitto Terra Grapplers 80% tread left
17" XD Revolvers Black
2" level kit in front
MBRP 3.5 Down pipe to a 4" straight pipe to a 6" tip in front of passenger rear wheel (sounds like a beast!)
RollnLock tonneau

thats it.

The Knitty Gritty

Truck had egr cooler replaced at 50k, no other records of warranty issues.

I purchased truck at 97k miles, at 98k miles i had ARP Studs installed through Ford (new a tech, did it under warranty by saying it had blown gaskets, tipped him some cash on the side) also replaced Oil cooler, and installed Sinister EGR delete at same time)

Truck runs like a top, truly love it, but fuel is getting a bit costly for the driving i'm doing right now and need something more economical. not to say its not getting good mileage, with the 35's i'm still seeing 14-16mpg highway, 12-13 city. with stocks (which i still have) i see 17+

here's some pics, and if anyones actually interested shoot me a PM, i'll prolly end up making a thread once i find out what its worth.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-22-2010, 02:50 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Derek@VisionDiesel Send a message via Yahoo to Derek@VisionDiesel
approx 22k!

I have the check in hand
Old 10-22-2010, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strokeorcroak View Post
approx 22k!

I have the check in hand
sold! haha, but may be costly getting it to oregon, South Florida is pretty much the furthest possible location from you..
Old 10-22-2010, 02:56 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to Derek@VisionDiesel Send a message via Yahoo to Derek@VisionDiesel
Quote:
Originally Posted by ONE_LO_SVT View Post
sold! haha, but may be costly getting it to oregon, South Florida is pretty much the furthest possible location from you..
If you'll go less I can purchase the ticket here pretty soon. Would make a fun road trip!
Old 10-22-2010, 03:26 PM

we'll see what turns out, just trying to get a ballpark on its worth before i do anything. Its KBB seems too high, its saying its worth 25k if sold privately. but i have alot into the truck as well with the Studs, Sct, MBRP, Wheels/tires, edge, and tonneau
Old 10-22-2010, 03:39 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
we'll see what turns out, just trying to get a ballpark on its worth before i do anything. Its KBB seems too high, its saying its worth 25k if sold privately. but i have alot into the truck as well with the Studs, Sct, MBRP, Wheels/tires, edge, and tonneau
Im not kidding around, i am highly interested. Florida is a long haul though so i wouldnt be able to pay TOP NOTCH dollar for it if ive got to fly out.
I just want something i know its been taken care of, you seem like you know whats up with the 6.0s. Youve done things correctly
Old 10-22-2010, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strokeorcroak View Post
Im not kidding around, i am highly interested. Florida is a long haul though so i wouldnt be able to pay TOP NOTCH dollar for it if ive got to fly out.
I just want something i know its been taken care of, you seem like you know whats up with the 6.0s. Youve done things correctly
I'd prefer to keep things local, just for the convenience factor for both parties, but if i really put it up for sale, i will let you know. This truck is a beast, everything works as it should and it runs awesome specially with the Extreme Street tune.

I'm the 2nd owner, and when ford cracked into it for the studs he even said that he hasnt seen a engine/heads/ etc look this good after 98k miles in all his years fixing 6.0's so that was a good feeling knowing i got one of the few great ones with no issues.

Truck would make it to Oregon and back and back and back and back and back haha with no issues. apart from tire wear, fuel, and a oil change.
Old 10-22-2010, 05:21 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

You'll get more selling it on a forum like this than via craigslist or ebay. The mods you've done aren't valuable to an ordinary person and make actually decrease the value. But on here, the work you've done is very valuable. I'd say the truck stock with the miles you've mentioned would be worth around 20k. But with the EGR delete and stuff 22k sounds good.
Old 10-22-2010, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skuzzitude View Post
You'll get more selling it on a forum like this than via craigslist or ebay. The mods you've done aren't valuable to an ordinary person and make actually decrease the value. But on here, the work you've done is very valuable. I'd say the truck stock with the miles you've mentioned would be worth around 20k. But with the EGR delete and stuff 22k sounds good.
22k sounds pretty good, do you think with the ARP head studs though it could fetch more than 22k? i know times are tough, just wanting to break even as best i can.
Old 10-22-2010, 08:20 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
22k sounds pretty good, do you think with the ARP head studs though it could fetch more than 22k? i know times are tough, just wanting to break even as best i can.
Yeah I think it could fetch more than 22k. Need to find someone who plans to do all of that to his F350 anyways, and then he will be interested. I'd suggest posting the KBB value of the truck PLUS the cost of ALL the mods you've done to it. I bet the KBB+Mods will come to low 30's. That will give you a better justification of asking more than 22k.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.