2005 6.0L Part Out motor only Cheap - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2010, 11:35 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2005 6.0L Part Out motor only Cheap

i have a 2005 6.0L Power Stroke that i replaced for a friend and most all items are still good on this motor. Pleas call or pm me for parts and prices. my number is 903 431 0570. Aaron is the name.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2010, 09:31 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

where at in texas are you
Old 10-17-2010, 09:37 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

east texas near tyler and longview 2hrs from dallas in hallsville.
Old 10-18-2010, 10:54 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

What engine did you replace it with? I have a friend who owns an '05 that just died. $2000 for an oil cooler. She wants to replace it with a new engine since it is nothing but TROUBLE.
Old 10-18-2010, 11:09 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I replaced it with a scrap yard 6.0. Yea I work at a ford delar and most of that 2000is labor If you are close id do it for a lot cheaper. The motor I put in the truck cost 5100 with small warrenty.
Old 10-18-2010, 01:07 PM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBell2 View Post
What engine did you replace it with? I have a friend who owns an '05 that just died. $2000 for an oil cooler. She wants to replace it with a new engine since it is nothing but TROUBLE.
It's nothing but trouble because she is not monitoring what is going on and a new motor won't solve that. The oil cooler clogs up because the Ford Gold coolant is crap. It has silicates that don't like having to go through the egr cooler with high EGT's and they turn into a gell and fall out of suspension clogging up the oil cooler. That restricts coolant flow to the egr cooler so that it can no longer carry off the heat from higher EGT's and the coolant flash boils creating high pressure in the cooling system and the truck pukes coolant out of the overflow bottle. If it isn't corrected the EGR cooler Ruptures from the repeated pressure letting coolant into the intake and hence the cylinders where it is vaporized by the high temps again creating high pressures resulting in lifted heads, blown head gaskets, and stretched head bolts. Putting a new motor in with the same crappy Ford Gold Coolant will just cause the cycle to repeat.

The answer is to flush that crap out and use an ELC coolant like CAT, Rotella, Delo, Zerex. They are silicate free and pretty much good for the life of the truck. Delete the egr system if you can where you live. If you can't replace it with the updated one from Bulletproof Diesel. Rebuild the oil cooler. If the head gaskets are gone replace them with Black Onyx gaskets and ARP head studs. Now you have a reliable truck that isn't going to keep blowing up on you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.