Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Lookin for everybodies 2 cents worth of info.

805 views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  helsel_182 
#1 ·
Well if you couldn't figure it out, kinda new to the forum. Needin some input please---Lookin at an 04 CC, 4x4, DRW, Manual, 260,000 miles( been well taken care of ), 4500.00. I know the guy sellin the beast, he just bought 2 new trucks and just gettin what he can outa this one. Everything is stock, what are some of the things I need to be checkin out? Got a 97 CC, 4x4, 4" lift, auto, 310,000 and a 93 Dodge 250 with a 4" lift, auto, 140,000; I can work on these two, I'm sure the 6.0 is a little more involved. Anyway just lookin for some opinions, gonna drive it tomorrow. So, please help this newbie!!! Thanks Jess :dunno::dunno:

#2 ·
Well, that's a high mileage truck, and nothing lasts forever.... With that said, drive it, and do the 'normal' kick the tire stuff, check 4x4, and if you like what you see, and how it drives/runs but it. For that price you really can't go that wrong IMHO :thumb:

#3 ·
If you know anybody with a scanner see if you can get a read on the coolant temp vs the oil temp. The oil cooler clogging is a common issue that leads to blown egr coolers and head gaskets. If the oil temp is more than 15* higher than coolant temp when just cruising at highway speeds the oil cooler needs rebuilding. You want to know this before it take other stuff out with it.

#8 ·
buy it. 4500 is cheap

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.