Bit the bullet on a 2006 6.0L.... it's a beauty! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2010, 07:36 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Talking Bit the bullet on a 2006 6.0L.... it's a beauty!

After 2 years of dreaming and looking for the right powerstroke, I finally found it last week. It was a hectic week of planning and paperwork, but after 16 hours of driving and over 1000 miles (in 1 day) I have my dream truck sitting here. I've been a long time lurker on powerstroke but never signed up because I had no powerstroke... but now the tables have TURNED. The specs:

2006 F250 XL 4x4
Regular Cab
ZF6 6 speed (manual)
NV271 T-case (manual)
34,000 miles. Good oasis report.
Cruise/Tilt/AC
Manual Windows/Locks
Vinyl 40/20/40
Vinyl Floors
Brand new C&M flatbed (in great shape)

I "stole" it for $15,030 for it out the door with all the fees etc. Dealer was originally asking $23k, then 22k, then 19.5k and I guess they just wanted to get rid of it. Of course one of the reasons I "stole" it is because someone else "stole" it before me. It was a theft. The thieves spray painted it with cheap black paint to avoid getting caught, and did some minor body damage to it. It was eventually recovered, but since the insurance co had already closed the claim, it went to the repo lot lot for a year before finally being auctioned. The company that bought it deals with repos/thefts/write-offs and re-painted the whole thing so it's got fresh paint (did a good job too) and fixed the body. After driving it 500 miles back, I can say it runs flawless and it got excellent mpg on the highway.

In regards to the truck specs, for anyone looking for a truck like this, you know how hard it can be to find one. Took me almost 2 years to find a regular cab, 4x4, manual tranny. Everyone I found was across the country or had 150,000 miles on it. This truck even has the 40/20/40 split bench seat, vinyl, and vinyl floors, manual t-case, things I desired. There's probably only a handful of these vehicles made in 2006 with these specs, who knows how little. Drivability... this is my first time driving a 6.0L and man, it has tons of power I am finding. The sound is also incredible, having owned a cummins for 3 years, I can say it sounds much better than even a cummins, it just purrs. The manual tranny is also stout. Shifting with it you feel confident. It is a slow shifting tranny, but I think that only means that it will give the 6.0L reliability. I wanted a manual tranny specifically, but near the end I was sort of giving up and was almost willing to settle for an automatic, then this beauty popped up.

I don't plan to do any engine mods, just going to keep it mostly stock. The power of the truck is unbelievable. Granted I was empty, but it didn't leave 6th gear at all, even going up grades, it would stay in 6th on cruise at 72mph going from 500ft to 3000ft elevation with power to spare. Hopefully the head gasket won't blow (if ever) for a long time and when it does I plan to put some ARP studs in. Not sure if I am going to do an EGR delete yet. Where I live, we are exempt from emissions tests on diesel 1 tons (my truck can be registered as a 1 ton), so I don't need to worry about yearly inspections, so maybe an EGR delete is worth it. Is that something I should do anyways just to be sure? I'm also wondering... it has 10 months left on the powertrain (5 year) warranty. I am wondering if it is possible for me to add on an extended warranty before it's up. Any ford workers know how much that would be? I'd want 84 months/100,000 miles on the powertrain if that was offered. Anyways forgive my long first post but, it's my first powerstroke and I am psyched. I'll be posting here lots more now.

Last edited by skuzzitude; 10-14-2010 at 07:41 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2010, 07:40 AM
riddin' high

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dasaliac03 Send a message via Skype™ to Dasaliac03
Sounds like a good one!

Old 10-14-2010, 07:42 AM
Unapologetically American

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Congrats on the new rig! And

If you can delete the EGR, then do it
Old 10-14-2010, 08:47 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

At minimum install a coolant by pass filter system. If you can delete the CAT and EGR cooler.
Old 10-14-2010, 12:24 PM

sick truck, pics or ban
Old 10-14-2010, 02:25 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerJoker6.0 View Post
sick truck, pics or ban
haha, fair enough. I have the stock pics from the dealer still saved. I need to take some better ones though. Here's a couple. And damn NICE pic of your truck... I LOVE REG CABS. Looks good with the 35's and tinted windows. This truck has hardcore front tinted windows but I am going to have to remove the tint because where it's illegal and the cops don't joke around. Here's my truck
Attached Thumbnails
Bit the bullet on a 2006 6.0L.... it's a beauty!-1273789611-414_jpg_595.jpg   Bit the bullet on a 2006 6.0L.... it's a beauty!-042610_003-479x355.jpg  
Old 10-14-2010, 05:17 PM

Sweet truck! This reminds me. Is there a 99-07 Reg cab picture thread? I always look for one but never find it. I also have a reg cab by the way.
Old 10-14-2010, 05:33 PM

congratz man! gotta love those reg cabs!
Old 10-16-2010, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1chadsin View Post
Sweet truck! This reminds me. Is there a 99-07 Reg cab picture thread? I always look for one but never find it. I also have a reg cab by the way.
sure is, i started it.

Post up pics of your regular cabs!

skuzzitude, ur truck looks bad ***
Old 10-16-2010, 04:07 PM

such a nice feeling when you find exactly what youre looking for, wish i waited it out for the truck i wanted, but i love my truck

Love the white with the CM bed, looks nasty, some bigger tires and a level and it would be perfect.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.