PHP FICM Programming - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2010, 04:14 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
PHP FICM Programming

I have a stock 2004 F350. No mods other than a coolant filter.

I read a thread earlier this week about getting the FICM reprogrammed perhaps thru PHP that would perhaps provide more MPG. Right now, while hauling our 5er, we get 9 to 10 MPG.

I don't want more HP or anything that could stress out the components like the head gaskets, etc. Trying to remain stock. And was wondering if anyone has thoughts/ideas on PHP FICM programming. It sounded as if/when the dealers reflash to FICMs to newer levels that MPG and such suffer. Trying to determine if it is worth the coins to get PHP reflash my FICM or just live with it.

Thanks for any input.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2010, 05:37 AM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
It sounds like a good idea to me. I also think an SCT with the proper tow tunes could help as well.
Old 10-14-2010, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGreenSVT View Post
It sounds like a good idea to me. I also think an SCT with the proper tow tunes could help as well.
Is there a way to tell what rev I have today and what I would gain and/or lose by going to what PHP offers?

This may sound stupid (hopefully not) but in real life job (Information Technology), most software updates that come from a vendor like Microsoft, Adobe, Cisco, etc fix bugs and/or improve functionality. I assume that Ford does the same thing...new revs that fix issues and/or improve functionality and features. What I'm wondering, and I cannot tell this from PHP's website, is if their FICM programming keeps the bug fixes and enhancements but does so without sacrificing performance and MPG. Hopefully that makes sense.
Old 10-14-2010, 02:21 PM

I was looking at having my ECM and FICM reflashed and updated at the dealer...since my truck is stock...but would having the flash from PHP for the FICM and custom tunes via SCT-x3 be better??? Its cold up here in the great white north so I'd have to include the inductive heating...

My cold starts are not good...so i thought an updated flash and going to 10w30 and some rev-x might help...
Old 10-14-2010, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGreenSVT View Post
I agree. You can get custom low HP tune and/or just a transmission tune with the SCT to better your situation.
Old 10-14-2010, 05:04 PM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
jd4010, yes flash updates are like seervice packs from Microsoft. They fix non bugs and introduce new unknown ones instead.

PHP tune will improve throttle response and probably give you an improvement in mileage. It will be an improvement to your truck without any negative side affects. Add to that a good tow tune with an SCT and you will be much happier with your truck's performance.

Gwar, same thing FICM tune and a custom SCT tune is what you want to do. PHP's FICM tune includes the inductive heating routine.
Old 10-14-2010, 05:15 PM
Serving Our Country!

You can also get it without the inductive heating. When you fill out the order form you have to check if you want it or not...
Old 10-14-2010, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by topdwg View Post
You can also get it without the inductive heating. When you fill out the order form you have to check if you want it or not...
Whats the ups and downs to the inductive heating? i thought that what was burning up the FICMs am i right or am i confused with something else? I have been looking at getting my FICM tuned by PHP but am trying to understand what it all does.
Old 10-15-2010, 03:14 PM

PHP represents ......
Old 10-15-2010, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagular7 View Post
PHP represents ......
Power Hungry Performance. They are a vendor on this site. Check them out. Bill and Corey are good folks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.