Best Price on ARP Studs...and some advice. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2010, 04:49 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Best Price on ARP Studs...and some advice.

Main question- Where can I find the best price on ARP studs...and get them pretty quick?

04 F350 SRW-Have had issues with surging, dying at idle, puking/losing coolant...etc. since day 1 with this truck(6 months ago). Bought on a Saturday and was at the local dealer that Monday. So far they have replaced FICM, ICP, EGR Valve, BP sensor, some valve related to turbo, and cleaned the Turbo...same problem starts 100 miles or so later after getting it back each time(4 seperate). Finally took it to another dealer which called yesterday saying the headgaskets are blown. Funny, exactly what the local dealer said WASN'T the problem. I asked every time and they said I would just have to keep an eye on the coolant but the other issues weren't related to the head gaskets being blown. Had to give them permission to check EGR Cooler, Oil Cooler, and Turbo to find the causes before warrany(Easy Care/Motor Trend) would decide if they will cover. Warranty actually expired this past weekend but the truck was there and claim # issued before expiration date...still probably going to be fun. Turbo was just cleaned but could it have caused blown HG? Thought is was most likely caused by one of the coolers, right?

So...what besides studs and coolant filter would you suggest for someone on a tight budget? Wife has a rope half way around my neck over this truck as it is and she's 7 months prego so it's probably twice as bad as you imagined! Already spent a couple grand and alot of time without truck on crap that most likely wasn't even a problem...warranty didn't cover FICM, BP sensor, ICP, and cleaning the Turbo.

Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2010, 05:44 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Update-Oil Cooler is clogged. Dealer says that EGR Cooler is ok but usually doesn't last for long. They recommend replacing($534 no labor) but feel confident warranty won't replace even IF they do cover the other.

Had to give authorization for them to check the cause now I had to give authorization to pull the heads so the warranty adjuster could see where they blew. $2200 so far if not covered...guess I'm in it to win it now!

Anyone ever dealt with Easy Care on blown HGs? Need someone to ease my mind and say they were covered!!
Old 10-13-2010, 06:57 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

know nothing of easy care. get the gaskets replaced, delete the egr and rebuild the oil cooler. arps are a great idea but from what i understand not necessary if the EGR is gone and oil cooler is fresh. unless you have power adders, then arp it.

after warranty work, stay away from the dealer. in too many cases they do more damage to your truck than fixing. hit an independent diesel shop, find one you can trust.
Old 10-13-2010, 07:12 AM
haters gonna hate 24/7.

I actually have a brand new set of head studs that I bought a year ago but never used and they are for sale if your interested.....

PM if you are!
Old 10-13-2010, 04:16 PM

Send a message via AIM to helsel_182 Send a message via Skype™ to helsel_182
i need the head studs if you dont want them pm me a price..
Old 10-13-2010, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper350 View Post
...warranty didn't cover FICM, BP sensor, ICP, and cleaning the Turbo.

Thanks!!
What do you mean Warranty didn't cover? It sure should have.
Wa warranty denied for some reason?
Keep the recepts.
You may have some money coming back.
Old 10-14-2010, 04:24 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by headviking View Post
What do you mean Warranty didn't cover? It sure should have.
Wa warranty denied for some reason?
Keep the recepts.
You may have some money coming back.

Easy Care won't cover FICM(told they denied "electronics") or any part that is damaged due to rust or carbon. The BP sensor and Turbo was "gummed-up" with carbon. I love how they make it seem like EVERYTHING is covered but when you read the disclaimer it pretty much gets them out of anything major. Hopefully this won't be the case with the HGs. This was a "free" 6-month warranty from the dealer. Since it just expired I am looking into Fidelity...dealer has had good results with them covering more than others.
Old 10-14-2010, 04:48 AM
Premium Member

If your head stud deal falls through, the best place to get ARP's is Browns Diesel (do a search). Can gt them for about $396 plus shipping and they have tghem out the door in a day... very quick.
Old 10-14-2010, 06:57 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by taskforcefreddy View Post
If your head stud deal falls through, the best place to get ARP's is Browns Diesel (do a search). Can gt them for about $396 plus shipping and they have tghem out the door in a day... very quick.
Great...thanks for the info!
Old 10-14-2010, 02:31 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

i wouldnt go with a fidelity warranty i would go to a dealer and ask about purchasing from them the ford ESP warranty from what i understand it is the best one out there and has the best coverage. for instance some dealers that i have been to before wont even accept aftermarket warranties because the companies are so hard to deal with getting paid from
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.