6.0 ICP replaced - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2010, 05:48 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
6.0 ICP replaced

Hi all

my truck wouldn't start reliably for the longest time, took it to the shop several times and they replaced many parts that never fixed my problem, but they said it was fine each time. So I looked around the web and found that it could be my ICP but it is just not throwing a code. I was told I could unplug it to test the theory. I did and the truck fired up quickly every time for 6 starts in a row, which had never happened. So I picked up a new sensor for $150 and threw it in, which wasn't easy because it is an early build 04 which effectively makes my truck an 03. The truck fired right up and I took it for a spin and it ran great... but it always did run fine it was the starting that was the problem.

So it sounds like I don't have a problem any more, but now that I fixed the dang thing it is throwing a code p2285 Injector ctrl pressure sensor circ low. this is almost humorous to me because it is finally starting and running properly but is saying something is wrong. The new sensor is in tight and is not leaking, and i was extra careful plugging it in, but it was such a task to get it out, I hope someone has an easy fix for my problem. O and i tried to erase the code several times and it won't

Thanks guys
Cory
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-12-2010, 06:23 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

i would like to avoid any more wasted money or any electrical tape on the dash lol
Old 10-12-2010, 06:23 PM
Premium Member

I'm just thinking here. Was there a "harness upgrade" for the early builds. Seems I recall someone saying to replace the harness at the same time, but it might have been for the late builds. Could it have been chaffing of the wires that was causing the problem? Again, I'm just bouncing something here. Maybe someone will bring more light to the subject.
Old 10-12-2010, 06:27 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I am not sure

I don't know if you are supposed to do both at the same time. i don't see why i would have to if it was not broken, and it is running fine and all now. but i don't know I guess it could throw a code for that. This was a pain to get to by itself, let alone trying to splice in a new connector... hope thats not the issue for my sake
Old 10-12-2010, 06:34 PM
Premium Member

After seeing where that sucker is located on the early builds, I hope it's something simple!!
Old 10-12-2010, 06:41 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks

me too, thanks for the advice and for the concern, I take it your 04 is a late build? lol
Old 10-12-2010, 06:52 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by corylj88 View Post
me too, thanks for the advice and for the concern, I take it your 04 is a late build? lol
Good guess!

Here's mine!

Old 10-12-2010, 07:01 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

NICE

wow i don't know how you will ever get to that thing if you need to lol. yes that is where mine should be, but my truck decided to be built a month before they changed the design... dumb. But thanks for rubbing it in that I got the short end of the icp stick haha
Old 10-12-2010, 07:10 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Most people do say to change the ICP pigtail out when you do the connector. This might be because of how difficult it is to get at, especially on the early build 03/04 engines. I have also read that often times the pigtail was more the problem than the sensor. There was also a TSB recall out for the FICM wiring harness chaffing, which can cause codes. How were you trying to clear the code? Check the connections at the FICM also, make sure that they are not loose. I had one of the connectors broken on one side and zip tied it to the FICM. Hope this helps.
Old 10-12-2010, 07:20 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I had the FICM replaced this spring, because the shop thought it was the problem... but it wasn't, I hope they would have replaced any chaffed Harnesses. I really don't think that the pigtail is the problem, mainly due to the fact that it starts now and runs fine as it always did. Is there a chance that just some electric grease could make a better connection and solve the problem? I was trying to erase the code with my pocket reader, can that be ineffective and I am seeing an old code from when I had it unplugged and was testing it?
I dont know but if there is an easy fix, or a harder one that involves no added investment I will be pumped
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.