What should I do here? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2010, 12:32 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
What should I do here?

I have a problem with my coolant spilling over the degas bottle and I need to fix it asap. Problem is, I am under warranty and had the mods listed in sig done by a ford dealership in my hometown. Im not in my hometown and am afraid if I take it to Ford they will see what I have and void my warranty. I'm going to take it in anyway but here is my issue. I always here put it back to stock before you take it to the dealer but if I do that then eventually my egr delete will throw a CEL code. So if they see that then they are going to know for sure I have it. So should I leave my tune on or take it off?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-12-2010, 12:36 PM

If you have an egr delete an Studs i dunno why you'd be puking coolant as for the code if you still have your egr valve you can hook it back up and put the valve back in and tune it back to stock and viola, i dunno about the liberator kit but if the valve hole is plugged you'll have to just lay the valve ontop of your engine
Old 10-12-2010, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUDSTROKIN' View Post
If you have an egr delete an Studs i dunno why you'd be puking coolant as for the code if you still have your egr valve you can hook it back up and put the valve back in and tune it back to stock and viola, i dunno about the liberator kit but if the valve hole is plugged you'll have to just lay the valve ontop of your engine
I have no idea why I'm pukin but its getting worse. Unfortunately I don't think there is anything I can do about plugging the egr up again. I figure if its a gasket problem or head problem they are gonna find out either way.
Old 10-12-2010, 01:03 PM

I'd say your just gonna have to pray and take it in and hope they don 't say anything about it. Hopefully they won't care and let it slide? but good luck with whatever happens
Old 10-12-2010, 01:13 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Call around and ask before you stroll into a random dealer and get your warranty flagged.
Old 10-12-2010, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickStroke6.0 View Post
Call around and ask before you stroll into a random dealer and get your warranty flagged.
Should I just straight up ask them if they are a mod friendly dealer?
Old 10-12-2010, 02:10 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Yes, I would. When I blew an intercooler boot in OK I simply just asked them if they were, and they weren't but I told 'em I was family/friends with my dealer back home, and they fixed it and didn't flag my warranty.
Old 10-12-2010, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickStroke6.0 View Post
Yes, I would. When I blew an intercooler boot in OK I simply just asked them if they were, and they weren't but I told 'em I was family/friends with my dealer back home, and they fixed it and didn't flag my warranty.
So if you take your truck into a dealership and they pull your vin and then find something they don't like on your truck they will flag your VIN and then wherever you go WHAM there it is?
Old 10-12-2010, 03:10 PM

Even if the CEL doesn't turn on they will probably see the cooler is gone in the visual inspection
Old 10-19-2010, 02:49 PM

I just heard from the dealership and sure enough my head gaskets are blown. They guy was sayin that my truck is makin near 40psi of boost which did seem kind of high to me. What kind of boost are trucks with racing/extreme tunes running usually. I mentioned to him that I had ARP studs and they are rated to hold down way more than what my truck makes. He said that there are no head gaskets out there that will hold that much boost. I thought that with an egr delete and studs then you were good to go. Opinions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.