New EGR and Oil Cooler - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2010, 04:37 AM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Smile New EGR and Oil Cooler

Well after reading a lot of postings about blow EGR coolers and stock oil cooler failures I decided to replace both. Now since I did not want a EGR delete need to stay emmisions legal. I went with a new EGR Cooler from Bullet Proof Diesel. I also used their new oil cooler system that eliminates the risk of cross contamination of your oil and coolant system. It also allows your oil system to flow at peak demands with out oil bypassing the filter. While I was in there that far I also replaced my HPOP fitting getting rid of the Quick Disconnect style and replacing it with a metal fitting that Ford upgraded. I also found my HPOP filter blow out and that was not a huge suprise either. I have a few pictures of the install that I will be posting once i get them off the camera. I will add to this posting as I put more miles on these new components.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-11-2010, 05:13 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Ive been looking at that bullet proof bumper mount oil cooler for some time now, cant wait to see your picks.
Old 10-11-2010, 05:17 AM
Unapologetically American

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Congrats on the new goodies! How was the install? Did you get the bumper mount or condenser mount oil cooler?

I have one of these kits waiting to be installed on my truck, after Elk season
Old 10-11-2010, 08:45 AM
Serving Our Country!

Well Pics are loaded in my albums. The install was very labor intensive due to having to pull off the intake. Other than that it was easy just took a lot of time. I needed about three 8 hour days to completly have it done. I went with the bumper mount because I didn't have to equipment to recover and evacuate the A/C system. I was really pleased with the overall result.
Old 10-11-2010, 09:02 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Nice!!! Lets see some pics!!!!
Old 10-11-2010, 10:19 AM
Serving Our Country!

Well as promised.

As I am sure many of you have viewed before here is the motor waiting new parts.

Here we have the new EGR cooler and the BPD oil cooler adapter installed just like it belongs there.

Dirvers side plumbing.

Passanger side plumbing.

Not to worry those oil spots are from the teardown portion

Oil filter before rock guard was installed. I also had to remove that angle brace it was rubbing the filter.

Last edited by FordPwrStroke4Life; 10-11-2010 at 12:34 PM. Reason: clairification on a pic
Old 10-11-2010, 10:42 AM
Unapologetically American

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Thanks for the pics, looks great
Old 10-11-2010, 11:06 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I read somewhere that one of these types of oil coolers causes problems with your AC, that it makes it not able to get as cold, not sure if it was the condenser or bumper mount.
Old 10-11-2010, 11:16 AM
Serving Our Country!

It is the bumper mount however all you have to do is change the orfice and bump up the charge over staock by about 6-12 oz and everything is fine. I choose the bumper mount vs. the condenser because in my opinion that design is just robbing peter to pay paul. as the air flows with the condenser mount it would hit like this condenser oil cooler intercooler then your raidator with the air only getting hotter with each stage. didnt make much sense to me. the only time i will be concerned with my bumper mount is on a hot day stuck in traffic sitting still
Old 10-20-2010, 05:26 PM
Serving Our Country!

Well I have been driving for about a week now with the new oil cooler and egr cooler installed and I am pleased so far. The aspect I am most excited about is my truck no longer billows steam out the tail pipe like a 19th century locomotive. I am glad it was only the egr cooler. I was not ready ($$$) for a head stud job at this time. I am still kicking around the idea of doing it on my own. We will see I will need a whole week off of work for that project since this is my daily driver.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.