Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Baldwin 2pc. Oil Filter: Good or Bad

903 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  hood latch 
#1 ·
I am changing the oil and filter on my 6.0 today. Just pulled the plug and it will be an all day drain. I went to the shelf and pulled down a new Baldwin 2735 oil filter that I stocked a while back. I have never used the Baldwin for the 6.0 before but have used many over the years on other applications with good results. When I opened the box, I found that it was a 2pc. design. The "snap coupler" at the top of the filter that snaps into the filter lid is a seperate piece. Directions say to snap the coupler into the lid and then pull the coupler and lid down into an opening in the top of the filter cartridge.

Have any of you folks used this filter? And if so, to what results? Good, Bad, or Indifferent?

I have other filters here of the one piece design, so I don't have to use it. Any thoughts or direct experience with it would be appreciated. I will check back in a couple of hours. Thanks for your time and attention...........

Hood Latch

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.