Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Need a list of EVERYTHING to get done to to my 6.0, studs, egr del, and ETC

872 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  travisH3 
#1 ·
Hi all, I have a 2004 F350 6.0 and it's pretty much stock except for the 4" turbo back exhaust system. I finally found a Ford master diesel tech who does a ton of 6.0 work on the side. He quoted me $1500 to install the complete 6.0 solutions kit on my truck. My question is would it be cheaper to get all the parts needed to make my engine bulletproof separate or as a solutions kit? And are there any other upgrades or parts I need ? I'm wanting him to do everything all at once. Thanks.

#3 ·
That's a great deal. Jump on it and get that installed ASAP! Also, don't forget about getting your heads machined for flatness.

#4 ·
I would pay that to not have to tear my own truck apart for a week in my driveway.

I have always dont EVERYTHING myself. Motors, paint, bodywork, ETC. You get to a point where soemone can offer labor cheaper than your time. My frined, 1500 to do it all....yea that is that type of deal. Pay him to do it while you enjoy your time not pissed off!

#6 ·
i need a friend like that. i want to do the whole 6.0 solution but i would rather save myself the frustration

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.