Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

whats the best place to get ficm repaired?

5K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  PGreenSVT 
#1 ·
i have a bad ficm and have seen a hand full of places to repair them but i don't want to get screwed. anyone have a suggestion. thanks.

#3 ·
Swamps hands down. Great service and I have two currently in service. Many more to come. Possibly a 3rd Monday. Will have to look at the truck first. JJ

#4 ·
Yes sir, Jake, I would go with Swamp's if I was you. They were very helpful and had GREAT customer service. They even called me to make sure that I received the FICM and that everything was working properly. I don't think I have had any company call ME to make sure all was good.

#6 ·
I think it is if you have the $$$ to do so now. I would have done it but the FICM itself set me back more than I wanted. It's only $150 to have PHP do it, but you have to either send your FICM to them, or do the remote tuning deal. With the remote tuning, they send you the unit to flash your FICM, but of course you have to pay a deposit on the unit and then send it back, and from what I have heard lately, they only have like 10 units and the waiting list for them is getting longer. If I was you just get it from Swamp's with the tune already on it. I know it is $50 more, but much less hassle in my opinion.:thumb:

#8 ·
Good deal bud, just think though, if the wife gets too pissed, you have a comfy back seat of your truck you can sleep in.

Let us know how you end up liking the FICM w/ flash on it. I still want to get mine flashed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.