Have to share funny story - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2010, 11:05 AM
Emergency Services

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Have to share funny story

So, I just went to a local shop to see what they would charge to do my coolant swap for me becaue I just don't have enough containers to drain the old stuff and cycle water through at home. The guy asked me why I wanted to switch away from the gold stuff and I tell him, among other things, that the coolant can be one of the causes for trouble in the 6.0l motor. As he walks inside to get me a quote another guy at the shop says something to him hoping I wont hear it. Unfortunately, I did hear it and he told the guy, "The trouble with the 6.0l motor is the useless 6.0l motor." I ask the guy, "What was that you just said?" He repeats it to me. I chuckled and said, "I like people like you." The kid gives me a blank stare probably thinking to himself, "Did this guy just tell me he likes me after I told him that the motor in his truck is junk?" He asked why. I tell him, "Well, it's because of people like you that I was able to get my $45k truck for $25k. Then put about $1500-$2000 into it and have an extremely reliable, long lasting truck." Then I pause for a second and say, "So, I like you. Thank you for being lazy and not doing any research. Please keep telling people that the 6.0l are junk so the people willing to do a little research can get a great truck at a great price. Also, tell your co-worker I'll find another shop to do my swap. Have a great day." I had a huge grin on my face the whole time so I don't think I came off to be too much of an a**hole, but just enough to make the kid think a little.

Anyway I just had to share the story because I left laughing my a** off on the inside.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-02-2010, 11:18 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Good for you and Fu**K em all who make general comments

The 06/07 6.0L have had the lowest number of warranty repairs than any ford diesel, including the 7.3

I had the same thoughts when I bought my F350 one year ago for $33K. it had 19,000 miles on it but the 6.4L Lariets were $45-48k and the 6.7L were just coming out and they were close to list

Didn't seem like it was worth it

Of course now I want a 6.7L because I am an idiot and I just want the 400HP. My head keeps telling me no but my Di*k is urging me to eat the $25K difference between what I can sell my 07 for and what the 011 will cost

I am so confused
Old 10-02-2010, 11:48 AM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I'll have to remember that next time one of those idiots talk crap about the 6.0. I get alot of them idiots who know a friend's friend's, uncle's second son, twice removed, roommate!

I had one guy tell me the VGT's were the main cause of the 6.0L failing!!
Old 10-02-2010, 01:06 PM

you verbally slapped him
Old 10-02-2010, 01:16 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Freaking burned.. lol

The reason ppl say that fords have "so many problems compared to GM&Dodge" is because
Ford sells more trucks than the other 2 combined.
Old 10-02-2010, 01:26 PM
Still Alive

Send a message via Skype™ to westcoaststrokin
I get that all of the time at work. I invite them for a ride during lunch. That shuts them up.
Old 10-02-2010, 02:33 PM

Try working in a cummins distributor shop... That's the crap I put up with all dang day! I invited all of them and there half ton chevys for a race and noone ever does...they shut up pretty fast, then I usually tell them ill mop them all with my mercedes 300D lol!
Old 10-02-2010, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazard View Post
Try working in a cummins distributor shop... That's the crap I put up with all dang day! I invited all of them and there half ton chevys for a race and noone ever does...they shut up pretty fast, then I usually tell them ill mop them all with my mercedes 300D lol!
I used to be a lover of Cummins,
but after my dad and I picked up a new 379pete and drove ~900miles and spun a bearing leaving us stranded in freakin AR (Not a state you wanna be out in the back roads on.. haha), I started having doubts..
Old 10-02-2010, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azkcr View Post
I used to be a lover of Cummins,
but after my dad and I picked up a new 379pete and drove ~900miles and spun a bearing leaving us stranded in freakin AR (Not a state you wanna be out in the back roads on.. haha), I started having doubts..
Some go and some blow...that kind of thing can happen to any engine, cummins has a solid product, well as solid as u can get with emissions junk
Old 10-02-2010, 03:28 PM

900 miles though? lol.. Not impressed.
I do agree though. Some people don't even make it that far in some cases
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.