Help! Too many EGR Deletes to choose from! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2010, 08:25 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Help! Too many EGR Deletes to choose from!

I currently have a 2005 6.0 and have been having trouble with the EGR. I have decided that it is time to go with a delete and am having a hard time deciding between the different manufactures out there. The ones I am looking at are the GoGo Diesel, First Coast, River City, and the Bulletproof system. Please help me understand the differences so I can make a wise decision when it comes time to buy.

I know that if I do not put a tuner on it will throw some codes, so I also plan on adding an SCT tuner to the mix as well.

-Tex
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-02-2010, 08:47 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Stay away from RCD, bad reputation. I'd go with FCDP, Adam is a great guy to deal with, but any of the others are reputable as well
Old 10-02-2010, 08:50 AM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Gogo or FCDP. Two best kits on the market.
Old 10-02-2010, 09:09 AM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose350 View Post
Gogo or FCDP. Two best kits on the market.
Without question. However they are also the most expensive on the market and both are irreverisble. If you have the money and are ok with having to buy a new intake manifold if you ever have to reinstall the egr because of emissions testing I would say Gogo is best (Gogo completely eliminates coolant flow in the intake) followed closely by FCDP. If you want a less expensive solution that leaves you the option of reverting back to stock easily if necessary Sinister make a very nice delete at a very reasonable price. If you have to keep your egr for emissions reasons the Bulletproof egr cooler is much sturdier that the oem piece and not nearly as likely to rupture on you. All of these have their place in the market. Only you can decide which one is right for you.
Old 10-02-2010, 09:50 AM

im very satisfied with my rcd kit that i bought off of ebay for a very reasonable price.
Old 10-02-2010, 10:02 AM

Sinister has a GREAT kit but as off this past monday they were on back order for about a week or so. Call Adam at FCDP he has a few options for deleting the EGR, not just the complete replacement of the manifold. But I would avoid RCD, they are a little shady to deal with and have been screwing a few fellow ORG members
Old 10-02-2010, 06:18 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I had an RCD, poor fit and then the O-ring on the cooler delete piece failed which caused an intake leak. Replaced the kit with a Liberator kit and am happy with it. I like that it uses factory style metal gaskets on the delete rather than O-rings.

Once I had the Liberator installed I finally got the EGR delete benefits of lower EGTs and my truck is running great.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.