Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Studding an in warranty 2007

905 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Galaxie 
#1 ·
Guys

I live in Northern Calif. What would be a fair price to pay to have my trucked studed plus a new Bulletprooof EGR cooler install.

I don't have any issues, this is just preventative. Should I have the heads decked?, what should that cost. :dunno:

This truck is still under warranty, should I just wait till she blow?, I just dont want to get stranded. Will this screw my ESP Warranty? :doh:

Also, does the 2007 have the upgraded STC on the HPOP :confused:

#2 ·
Studs under warranty all depend on the dealer.

2200-3k is about average for a stud job. If you do it definately have the heads checked

#3 ·
yea, it depends on the dealer. Some will have you pay for hte labor some do it under warranty.

Even though I was with out major issues, my dealer put in arp studs, replaced the turbo, egr and oil cooler under warranty. And I paid for the $100 deductible and studs for $395 shipped.

im in sac.

#4 ·
Or you could be like my friend. Took his truck in for the trans, came out with new head gaskets and stock bolts. He takes all of his company cars there so they just went a head and fixed it. Had a gasket go, he didnt know, they just changed them. If he would have known, a set of ARPs would be in it :doh:

I would tell you to just wait. However, I am so crazy when I know there is a weak link. I did mine at only 32k miles. EGR delete and ARPs in.

Might not have been the best thing but gave me piece of mind! :thumb:

#6 ·
And done "hope" for your gaskets to blow! I see this from now to then. Its like hopeing you lose your job.....

Hope is for the president. lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.