2007 F350 6.0l...problems fixed? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2010, 06:53 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2007 F350 6.0l...problems fixed?

Hello, I hear that the 2007 model year has all the "6.0l problems" fixed from the factory. Is there truth to that statement, I am considering a 2007 F350 outlaw with 45,000 miles on it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-27-2010, 06:59 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I have a 2007 F350 with 22000 miles on it. It has been flawless

I have it for sale as I hardly drive it, not sure what your looking for
Old 09-27-2010, 07:11 PM
back to business

The 05-07's had FEWER problems than earlier 6.0's. They were not "fixed". You still need to worry about headbolts stretching (blowing head gaskets), EGR coolers cracking, oil coolers plugging,....... that's the big ones.

That being said, my 07' has 60Kish, 50K of that with custom tuning (mostly Xstreet, Xrace or SRL) and I have had ZERO problems. I do have ARP headstuds, gaskets, EGR delete, oil cooler rebuild, ect, ect..... sitting in the garage, just waiting for a reason to be put in.
Old 09-27-2010, 08:13 PM

What causes the headbolts stretching? EGR delete fixes the egr problem, and is it the oil that clogs the cooler or the coolant?
Old 09-27-2010, 08:24 PM

Change your oil and filter every 5000 miles, use motorcraft filters, change your fuel filters every 15000 miles (or better every 10) use motorcraft filters and put a coolant filter on it and you have eliminated 95% of what can go wrong

The 2007 6.0L had the lowest number of warranty claims of any Powerstoke through that date, I really don't know about the 6.4L or certainly the new 6.7L

Just remember, a lot of people come here who have problems and a lot of people who never have problems never look to a web site like this for help

There are plenty of 6.0L owners who have not chipped their trucks, especially the 06 and 07 who never have had any problems
Old 09-27-2010, 08:29 PM
back to business

Coolant side of the oil cooler is what usually clogs up. Adding a coolant filter is a GOOD idea, as is doing a good flush and changing to a better (ELC) coolant.

EGR delete (or the bullet proof cooler) will take care of any issues there.

Headbolts can stretch due to high cylinder pressure (due to a hot tune, but they'll do it on a stock engine too), or the ERG cooler cracks and leaks coolant into the intake, the engine tries to compress the liquid (this dosen't work to well) and the heads lift (bolts stretch) due to increased internal pressure.
Old 09-27-2010, 08:34 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

My 07 has been just perfect with 89xxx on it and is a joy to own
Old 09-27-2010, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superduty123 View Post
Change your oil and filter every 5000 miles, use motorcraft filters, change your fuel filters every 15000 miles (or better every 10) use motorcraft filters and put a coolant filter on it and you have eliminated 95% of what can go wrong

The 2007 6.0L had the lowest number of warranty claims of any Powerstoke through that date, I really don't know about the 6.4L or certainly the new 6.7L

Just remember, a lot of people come here who have problems and a lot of people who never have problems never look to a web site like this for help

There are plenty of 6.0L owners who have not chipped their trucks, especially the 06 and 07 who never have had any problems
How often does one change the coolant filter?

Also thanks thats great info here...
Old 09-27-2010, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98infinity View Post

I changed mine with about 1k on it and got a lot of casting sand changed the next one 3k about 1/2 the amount, i will change the next one at 5k then if it looks good will change a 10k with every fuel filter change
2 stroker
Old 09-28-2010, 01:37 AM
Drivin the 6.mOney pit

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98infinity View Post

Just remember that the coolant filter is an ADD ON. It does not come stock with the truck.

Even though the truck you are looking at only has 45,000 miles, make sure you get an Oasis report on it to tell you its warranty history. That can save you a big headache in the long run.

Other than that, pretty much all else is mentioned above....main things are EGR delete,ARP studs, and a coolant filter. On the 07 the had already updated to the one piece STC fitting which was a known problem for going out and leaving you stranded. There are still things that can go wrong with these trucks like FICM's, Turbos, ICP,etc but not too often if you take care of things like they should be.

And another thing...these 6.0's like to be ran/worked. This will prevent most of the turbo issues(sticking veins, unison rings).

Good luck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.