Putting a 2.5" Icon lift on my truck (PIC) - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2010, 04:27 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Putting a 2.5" Icon lift on my truck (PIC)

Been trolling around all the leveling threads and have decided to just level my truck rather than lift it.

Icon (or Donahoe Racing?) seems to be pretty popular around here, so that's what I'm gonna pick. Eventually want to put 35 Toyo MT's on the factory rims.

Any thoughts? Should I upgrade the rear shocks like it suggests?

Here is my truck:

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2010, 09:51 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I put the RCD kit in and got all four Bilstiens shocks. Absolutely love it, way better ride. Your spending all that money on snazzy stuff for your front end might as well chip in the extra for the rear, those shocks are gonna be much better than the stockers...
I had a bad one in the rear as well, didnt know it till I took it out.
My $.02CDN lol
BTW nice ride dude!
Old 09-24-2010, 04:57 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I have the exact truck in an 07. Same color scheme as well. Be nice to see your end result after you level it..
Old 09-24-2010, 05:20 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I did a Google search for RCD leveling kit but couldn't find any retailers for it (for an F-250 anyways). I bet they are similar in price. But I will definitely take your word and get the rear shocks as well.

I'm about two seconds away from ordering and Edge CS too. Haven't had any troubles with my truck yet (55,0000 miles) so it will help me monitor my coolant temp more closely when something bad does happen.
Old 09-24-2010, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerwoodF350 View Post
I put the RCD kit in and got all four Bilstiens shocks. Absolutely love it, way better ride. Your spending all that money on snazzy stuff for your front end might as well chip in the extra for the rear, those shocks are gonna be much better than the stockers...
I had a bad one in the rear as well, didnt know it till I took it out.
My $.02CDN lol
BTW nice ride dude!
You put on a adjustable track bar? or dont need it with the RCD kit ?
Old 09-24-2010, 11:23 AM

leveled is the way to go, and the edge cs is pretty much the bomb
Old 09-24-2010, 11:34 AM
Slacker

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Yes, you should get the adjustable trac bar as well. It will shift your axle and cause scrubbing on your front tire. I didn't and scrubbed the outer edge of my front passenger side tire and had to replace it MUCH earlier than I should have.
Old 09-24-2010, 03:06 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerJoker6.0 View Post
leveled is the way to go, and the edge cs is pretty much the bomb
Do you have yours mounted on the piller (I see you have an 06 model too)? Where did you stick the excess cord? I thought there was a little panel that would pull out on the side of the dash but it is all one piece.

Here is pic of what I'm talking about:

Old 09-24-2010, 04:51 PM

The panel you circled is all one piece, but the small panel just above with the vents on it will pop off. I actually looped my cord up and put it directly under the steering column zip tied up good -- I thought that worked best.

I had mounted an Insight CS on the pillar, modified a mount so it would fit (I think the wiring is different location from original Insight), but I upgraded to the CTS and there was no way that was going to mount there.

Truthfully, I didn't think the unit was held on secure enough with the velcro and it almost seemed to be angled down. I went with the dash pod and am happy with that now.

Actually, I have the a-pillar mount still, and it's painted the tan to match my 06 F350. If someone wants it and is willing to cover shipping, let me know.

Adam
Old 09-24-2010, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane3507 View Post
I did a Google search for RCD leveling kit but couldn't find any retailers for it (for an F-250 anyways). I bet they are similar in price. But I will definitely take your word and get the rear shocks as well.

I'm about two seconds away from ordering and Edge CS too. Haven't had any troubles with my truck yet (55,0000 miles) so it will help me monitor my coolant temp more closely when something bad does happen.
RCD Suspension 10-42205 2-2.5" Leveling Kit - 05-08 Ford F250/F350 Superduty 4wd

Is where I got my kit from. The guy was helpful and shipping was fast. I think the Icon kit is a couple hundred more but it comes with some sweet progressive rate springs which are supposed to be very nice.

These kits come with camber shims, a guy here at a front end shop said they dont use them in their kits, but they just use the spacer kits, I drove it for a bit with out them in, truck wandered a bit I didnt like it so put em in and way better, so put them in.

Actually come to think of it I think for the F250, you would need to get the F350 blocks for the rear springs and it will bring your 250 up to the 350's height.

Are you installing the kit yourself?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.