regress instead of progress - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2010, 07:52 AM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
regress instead of progress

i sell my 2000 with 260000 no problems with it was nice redid everything injectors orings gaskets no leaks ran like a champ,like a dumb a#@ i sell it to buy a 07 outlaw with 70k what a bad decission i now get 13,2 mpg and towing 7k i get a whopping 10.2
my 7.3 was getting 18 in town and 22 on highway i never towed the trailer far so didnt get a chance to see mpg but im sure it woulda been better then 10,2, arent we suppose to progress every year how then hell that go so far backwards? my 7.3 had a chip but it didnt make it get that good.
im already looking at selling and going back to 7.3
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-21-2010, 08:04 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
i had a fully built 7.3L that was crazy fast, crazy strong, and crazy reliable but when it rolled near 300k it was either rebuild the entire truck or get a new one.... that was in 06, i bought a new 6.0 and for a long time had regrets, but over the years the 6.0 has grown on me.... i cant say i like it better as a motor but i guess ive gotten used to it, ive waited to do performance stuff to the motor till my warranty runs out, which is real soon, these things come alive with some mods and im ready.... thats the part i miss about my 7.3L the most was the power after all the big mods..... stock vs stock the 6.0L is way "fun'er" to drive.... i would say you will get used to it........ i love those outlaws, wish i had one....... as for mpg brother, i just wouldnt worry about it..... get a honda to drive to work, the big rigs are never going to get great gas milage, i picked up a 2000 accord for $3Gs i just drive that to work if if dont want to fill up my 70 gallon tank!
Old 09-21-2010, 08:15 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flooringit View Post
i sell my 2000 with 260000 no problems with it was nice redid everything injectors orings gaskets no leaks ran like a champ,like a dumb a#@ i sell it to buy a 07 outlaw with 70k what a bad decission i now get 13,2 mpg and towing 7k i get a whopping 10.2
my 7.3 was getting 18 in town and 22 on highway i never towed the trailer far so didnt get a chance to see mpg but im sure it woulda been better then 10,2, arent we suppose to progress every year how then hell that go so far backwards? my 7.3 had a chip but it didnt make it get that good.
im already looking at selling and going back to 7.3
How much for the outlaw?
Old 09-22-2010, 04:35 PM
Serving Our Country!

jetjock how you like the dp tow tune? trp im not sure if im gonna sell yet. truck has scratchs might not be up to some peoples liking plus painted bumper has rock chips i bought it from oil field worker, i plan on fixing the stuff maybe rhino line the bumper
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.