I would like some input please.. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2010, 03:01 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I would like some input please..

OK so heres my problem i am really wanting to put water meth on my truck it's an 06 crew cab 4x4 straight piped with 5 inch stacks ive got gauges and wat not and is tuned by river city diesel. the truck runs great although i have a little stiction issue when it cold other than that it runs like top knock on wood. MY question is. is it really worth the money for the water meth i am looking at a snow performance stage 2. on my street setting i can hit 1600 degrees in no time and even quicker on my race tune i don't really want to tear anything up i just want to stay on the go pedal longer..... Thank you in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-21-2010, 03:09 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Look at Devil's Own in the vendor forum. They have good prices and a good setup. That's the one I'll be going with eventually, although I'm not going to run any meth. Just water for EGT's.
Old 09-21-2010, 03:13 AM
'Merica

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Thats some high EGT right there.

As far as the water meth - Yes it will lower EGT's, Is it worth the cost... Maybe... FWIW I would look into other tunes that dont bring EGT's that high....
Old 09-21-2010, 04:56 AM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I have been running Snow's Stage II for 4 years now. I have used it with straight distilled water, window washer fluid (70% water/30%meth), and mixing my own 50/50. I'm running the 2 large nozzles--625ml/min.

When I'm using distilled water, the EGT's may drop 150-200* while towing or unloaded. As far as seat of the pants power, no gain.

With the window washer fluid, and also mixing my own at 70/30, EGT's usually drop 100-150*. You can feel a slight increase in the pants, also I have mine to come on at 15 psi of boost, and full spray at 25 psi. While I'm driving down the road above 15 psi, I can flip on the power switch and feel/hear a difference in power.

Now with the hand mixed 50/50, I have never towed with it. Only use this mix in the late fall when camping season is at it's end. By the seat of the pants feel, there is a real noticeable increase. The EGT's drop around 100*. I have never tried there Boost Juice mix.

While using any of the three mix's, the EGT's do climb slower than with out using the Snow perf. This will let you run harder/longer. If you plan on using it alot, upgrade to at least the 7qt reservoir. I can go thru my 7 qt at just under 100 miles, and that is only turning on the system when hitting a hills.
Old 09-22-2010, 01:26 PM

Well thank you very much for all your input.. I was just wondering wat is everybody running for egts?
Old 09-22-2010, 01:48 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Running ID's xtream street tune @ 55 mph it's 700*. When I smash the skinny pedal it climbs fast and can hit 1400*. When using the washer fluid, my EGT's still can get to 1400*, but it takes a couple of seconds longer to get there. When I'm towing my #7000 camper I use the canned tow tune, and only see 1100* without the water meth while on a steep hill.
Old 09-23-2010, 01:55 AM

hmm well i think i mite get some diff tunes first and then go from there. Thank you again for your info
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.