Thanks for all the horror stories.... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2010, 07:33 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Thanks for all the horror stories....

The other night, I had the most realistic nightmare of my entire life. Scared the hell out of me. Woke up in a cold sweat. I was driving my truck in the dream and came to a stop sign. Punched the gas, the turbo spooled, no power. I looked in the side mirror and saw a ton of white smoke blowing out my tailpipe. The coolers and heads were shot and I'm out $8,000 bucks! I'm just glad I woke up from it.

Been wanting to trade my truck in every since. Don't let my kids horror flicks before bedtime and I don't read powerstroke.org.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-26-2010, 08:15 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
allllrighty then, glad it was just a dream.
Old 07-26-2010, 09:34 AM

What a coincidence - I also had a dream, though it wasn't quite as exciting.

Dreamed that I was driving to work, getting 17-18mpg courtesy of smart driving and a box trailer semi to draft. Some obnoxious lout was getting ready to zing over and cut me off, saw this monster of a truck bearing down on him, and thought better of it. Rolled back the sunroof and cranked up the old Outlaws song: Green Grass and High Tides, the riffs thundering through the console mounted sub - thought I'd share this guitar masterpiece with my fellow motorists. Got to work, and got the customary nod of respect from the machine shop crew. They know quality when they see it. Walking in, my buddy with the 06 Dodge once again told me how much he wished he'd kept his PS, and he's now on his third transmission repair. Drove home that evening, the AC chilling me nicely, diesel down to $2.85, and Skynard's Single Man providing the soundtrack. I wasn't the least bit worried about a breakdown, because Big Duke hasn't let me down yet. We have an understanding: you take care of me, and I'll take care of you.

Ah, actually that wasn't a dream. Just a typical day.
Old 07-26-2010, 10:27 AM

My dad has a dodge and I have to listen to his 15mpg city/20mpg hwy stories. BUT his Durango is in the shop with electrical problems, same as my last two POS dodges, and that's why I didn't buy a cummins.

Heck I wasn't worried either until reading all the doom and gloom on here but I'm sure the majority come on here because of issues with their truck, but come on! The sheer volume of stories obviously bothers me if I'm seeing them in my dreams. I should be dreaming about some chick in a bikini modeling on my hood.
Old 07-26-2010, 10:35 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I dont worry about it, if it breaks fix it, if ur tired of fixin it sell it. I like to have as little worry in my life as possible, just drive it man.
Old 07-26-2010, 12:43 PM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstokes1987 View Post
I dont worry about it, if it breaks fix it, if ur tired of fixin it sell it. I like to have as little worry in my life as possible, just drive it man.
Good advice right there. When you need to fix something fix it right and don't worry about it any more. I think the most peace of mind I get is from being able to see what my ECT and EOT are doing with my Insight. As things have come up on my truck I did all the usual stuff. My 6.0 has been a great truck and I don't worry about it at all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.