EGR Delete After-effects - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2010, 09:40 PM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
EGR Delete After-effects

Just finished my full EGR delete with new up-pipe. Now the idle sounds a little different, possibly a little lower. Also, it seems like a little power may have been lost, more noticeably in the higher RPM's. I have no codes popping up in case you're wondering. Maybe there is nothing wrong and i'm just being extra observant because I want to make sure I didn't screw anything up. Is this something to worry about? Any suggestions?

Tomorrow when the sun is back up, I'm gonna check to make sure there are no air leaks around the turbo, but I checked all that stuff once tonight and didn't find anything. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-25-2010, 09:42 PM
Serving Our Country!

BTW the turbo sounds normal. On my short test drive the MAP gauge appeared to be reading as normal as before.
Old 07-26-2010, 03:50 AM
Serving Our Country!

Morning Bump
Old 07-26-2010, 06:03 AM
Serving Our Country!

just curious what your boost is a wot. i did my delete and dont see anything more than 24.
Old 07-26-2010, 07:36 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Is a new tune file from IDP necessary?
Old 07-26-2010, 08:18 AM
Serving Our Country!

Quote:
Originally Posted by diablos30 View Post
just curious what your boost is a wot. i did my delete and dont see anything more than 24.
I don't currently have a boost reading bc I got the new Edge Insight CS, and they're still trying to figure out how to get those PIDs/gauges on my year, make, model. I can however read the MAP sensor, and that reads as normal as before, about 12-35.

In addition, I took it for a test drive a little while ago and I have a bad engine vibration at low RPM's while cruising. I can make that go away by gassing it, but it is consistent at around a 45-50 mph cruising speed.

Lastly, the truck is not currently tuned and it has been stock. I don't really want to tune it until I can get this issue ironed out. Thanks.
Old 07-26-2010, 08:21 AM
Serving Our Country!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfrank81 View Post
Is a new tune file from IDP necessary?
My tunes are currently being written by IDP, and I am having them written to reflect the EGR delete. I don't know what exactly that will change though, if anything.
Old 07-26-2010, 08:58 AM

Just a thought, check your connections on your injectors and FICM to be sure everything is connected properly.
Old 07-26-2010, 12:11 PM
Serving Our Country!

Problem solved. My #2 injector was not plugged in. I feel like a moron for not catching it earlier, but it feels good to have my old truck back to normal. There's nothing worse than that gut wrenching, aww crap feeling when something is wrong...and especially when you can't point the finger at somebody else. I happen to live driving distance from FCDP, where I drove down to return my old intake manifold...Adam and his guys down there plugged the computer up and diagnosed the plug in 5 minutes.
Old 07-26-2010, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zgerm01 View Post
Problem solved. My #2 injector was not plugged in. I feel like a moron for not catching it earlier, but it feels good to have my old truck back to normal. There's nothing worse than that gut wrenching, aww crap feeling when something is wrong...and especially when you can't point the finger at somebody else. I happen to live driving distance from FCDP, where I drove down to return my old intake manifold...Adam and his guys down there plugged the computer up and diagnosed the plug in 5 minutes.
Sounds like top notch customer service from FCDP. Do you happen to have any pictures of the install? What did you think of the kit from FCDP?

I am hoping to order a egr delete pretty soon and thinking about going with the kit from FCDP.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.