Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Programmer - no EGR delete

3K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Abrannan19 
#1 ·
As I understand it, If I get a custom tuned SCT then, those custom tunes will "bypass" the pesky EGR valve.

So..... why go through the cost of the EGR delete if the programmer will bypass it and basically elimante its function?

Wont the programmer's bypass of the EGR valve save the engine from the problems the EGR valve causes?

Are there others with tuners and no delete?

Sorry for the questions but the tightwad in me cant see paying for the EGR delete kit and install if the tunner, which I would need anyway if I went the delete route, will solve the problem.

thanks

#3 ·
there are three parts to the EGR system, the EGR Valve, EGR Cooler and EGR Up pipe, the tuner only address the possible EGR valve failures by disabling the valve to 95% off. The EGR cooler still has coolant flowing through it and still has the exhaust gases pumping into it. The only way you stop the exhaust from flowing into the EGR cooler and coolant from flowing through the EGR cooler is to install an EGR delete kit, this in turn typically removes the EGR valve in the process.

Here is an illustration that may help you understand.

1. Intake Manifold
2. EGR Cooler
3. EGR Valve
4. EGR Up pipe

Hope this helps, if you have other questions I will try to help you understand.

#4 ·
good info man

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.