2 Stroke oil = quiet smooth engine. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2010, 11:02 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Thumbs up 2 Stroke oil = quiet smooth engine.

After reading a few results from people using 2T oil in thier trucks I thought I'd give it a try. A little background first: Truck has 50,000 miles and is all stock with no issues. Starts and runs just fine, essentially still like new.

I use Amsoils Sabre 2T oil in all my powersports and equipment engines. It's without question the absolutely cleanest burning 2T oil I've ever used. Zero smoke and barely any, or sometimes no piston crown discoloration when mixing at OEM ratios. So I felt pretty good about using it in my truck that it won't gum up or clog anything and that it'll burn well and cleanly.

With 1/4 tank of 40 cetan from the local joint I added an 8oz bottle and went for a 20 mile highway run to see a buddy. No difference in power, or smoke, I can't comment on mileage yet. BUT.... wow is the engine ever quiet and smooth now. The difference is literally like a different engine, something you have to experience to understand. There is NO decernable engine vibration from the cab, its lexus smooth and steady.

I'm going to keep up with it and see if there are any mileage gains to be had. It feels like the motor is more responsive, quicker to react, but I can't pass judgement on that yet until more testing is done. Anyway, pretty happy with the results so far.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2010, 11:23 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
i yet to see an improvement with diesel kleen and 1 qt of 2 stroke oil in a full tank on my engine. injectors still rattle at low rpms and mpgs went down the .......

on and the DK has been in every tank since last aug and this is the first tank with the oil as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.