how common is this? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2010, 06:33 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
how common is this?

i drove my buddy someplace last night and he was saying its really rare to see an 06 with manual hubs and 4x4 lever on the floor instead of the switch on the dash. its an FX4 not a standard XLT if that makes any difference. is that rare or is my friend just a stupid *** dmax owner?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2010, 09:19 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
My truck has manual hubs and 4WD shifter on the floor. I'm glad to have it as I've heard the auto hubs go out a lot and I've seen it happen on my friend's '02 250. What I do think is interesting is my truck has every power option except the 4wd. This leads me to believe whoever owned it before me specially ordered it this way and I thank them for that. I've never seen another truck with all power options and manual 4wd so to me, it's pretty rare.
Old 07-11-2010, 09:33 AM
IBEW Journeyman Lineman

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
The manual lock out hubs aren't rare as I think all the 4x4 Super Duty truck have them. I'd say the transfer case shifter on the floor is more rare than it used to be but still pretty common. There are probably more out there now that have the knob on the dash to select 4x4 now though. Ya I personally liked it the tougher and more reliable way with manual hubs and the shifter on the floor.
Old 07-11-2010, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRF985 View Post
My truck has manual hubs and 4WD shifter on the floor. I'm glad to have it as I've heard the auto hubs go out a lot and I've seen it happen on my friend's '02 250. What I do think is interesting is my truck has every power option except the 4wd. This leads me to believe whoever owned it before me specially ordered it this way and I thank them for that. I've never seen another truck with all power options and manual 4wd so to me, it's pretty rare.
yeah mine has all power options too.

interesting. ok thanks for clearing it up guys
Old 07-11-2010, 11:31 AM

Send a message via AIM to Maverick1701
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerJoker6.0 View Post
i drove my buddy someplace last night and he was saying its really rare to see an 06 with manual hubs and 4x4 lever on the floor instead of the switch on the dash. its an FX4 not a standard XLT if that makes any difference. is that rare or is my friend just a stupid *** dmax owner?
MY truck also has man hubs, man 4x4 and is an XLT w/power everything....I havent seen too many like ours.
I love my setup....I dont really trust the ESOF crap

also the PTO option for the transmission...just because its BAMF!
Old 07-11-2010, 11:51 AM

Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to dereku
All SDs have a manual hub but they are a manual override. They are still vacuum controlled.
Old 07-11-2010, 07:38 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
getting the manual transfer case is an option, most dealers only sell if they truck is custom order, they figure most people want ESOF... my last two superdutys had manual transfer case, my current truck has ESOF, i looked for a manual but could not find it and got myself into a time crunch and had to get a truck with ESOF.... i would be proud, less stuff to go wrong.. i was an ESOF hater, but ive got a lot of hard off roading on mine now and it has never failed me once.... with front and rear lockers it very nice to go in and out of 4wd quickly on the trails to aid in turning!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.