sct tunes rough start up?? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2010, 02:16 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
sct tunes rough start up??

hi i have a 04 6.0 with sct x3. i love the sct when my truck is fully warmed up but i dont even use it because of the way my truck starts when it is on. my truck when cold chugs real hard and lots of black smoke for about 10 secs before it smooths out.. does everybodys tunes do this or is it something that certain tunes will help with? i dont even use my programmer because i dont like the way my truck starts when i have it on so if anybody has suggestions i would appreciate it! BTW i have econ, tow, and street beast and all tunes make my truck start real hard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-10-2010, 02:38 PM
Serving Our Country!

subscribed
Old 07-10-2010, 04:18 PM
Mod Newbie

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by curtism View Post
hi i have a 04 6.0 with sct x3. i love the sct when my truck is fully warmed up but i dont even use it because of the way my truck starts when it is on. my truck when cold chugs real hard and lots of black smoke for about 10 secs before it smooths out.. does everybodys tunes do this or is it something that certain tunes will help with? i dont even use my programmer because i dont like the way my truck starts when i have it on so if anybody has suggestions i would appreciate it! BTW i have econ, tow, and street beast and all tunes make my truck start real hard.
Who's tunes are they? I have a tow tune and use my x-race as a daily driver and never have starting issues.
Old 07-10-2010, 04:57 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
i used to live in AK, Eric at ID originally sent me there tow tune and i would not start in cold temps, i mean AK cold, so i emailed him and he modified the tune and it started great ever since..... Now i live in Vegas and get my tunes from DP... they are hotter tow tunes do effect starting a bit, i have remote start and i have to increase the crank time with the hotter tunes and decrease crank time with lesser or stock.... so its related to some degree... my point is if you talk to Eric at ID or any tech for your tunes, they can do something to cure it.. Eric had a tow tune custom for me in Alaska that could fire right off and not chug and do a descent job towing.
Old 07-10-2010, 05:29 PM

i appreciate the feedback! i think his name is mike from dallas that gave me my tunes. also on my street tune i have a studder when i first take off from a dead start. my truck has zero problems ever when stock so i assume that the tunes have to have something going on. does anybody have suggestions where to get more tunes, who you have had good luck with or watever? I would like my truck to start and run as close to stock as possible but with the added performance, and im not real happy with what i have! i meen it sux to have had a sct almost a yr and never even use it! thank you all in advance for any ideas or suggestions! BTW jetrock beautiful truck!
Old 07-10-2010, 05:32 PM
Mod Newbie

Quote:
i appreciate the feedback! i think his name is mike from dallas that gave me my tunes. also on my street tune i have a studder when i first take off from a dead start. my truck has zero problems ever when stock so i assume that the tunes have to have something going on. does anybody have suggestions where to get more tunes, who you have had good luck with or watever? I would like my truck to start and run as close to stock as possible but with the added performance, and im not real happy with what i have! i meen it sux to have had a sct almost a yr and never even use it! thank you all in advance for any ideas or suggestions! BTW jetrock beautiful truck!
Give Eric at Innovative Diesel a call. You won't regret it.
Old 07-10-2010, 05:47 PM

how do i get ahold of him?
Old 07-10-2010, 05:50 PM
Mod Newbie

Quote:
how do i get ahold of him?
1-866-642-7844 SCT X3- Innovative Diesel Custom Tuned
Old 07-10-2010, 05:57 PM

thank you!
Old 07-10-2010, 08:38 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
you will never get ahold of Eric by phone, only email, many on this forum have tried, that is the only reason i started using DP tunes... if you can afford the time for the back and forth via emails that will work great, ID tunes are top notch..... Now i use DP Tuner tunes, search DP tuner on google you will find there website, you can call any weekday and talk to Jodi, the head tech, and i really appreciate the phone conversation vice emails.... i still keep all my tunes and go back and forth..... I have no compliants about Erics tunes, just the difficulty reaching him.......... can't go wrong with either.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.