6.0 extended warranty - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2010, 02:09 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
6.0 extended warranty

I have an 06 f250s/d. the warranty runs out next month. is it possible to get an extended warranty from ford? any help would be appreciated
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-10-2010, 03:48 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Call your local dealer, they may have an ESP they can write on your truck. When I bought my Excursion I bought an Extra Care policy, my Ex is in he shop right now getting some repairs covered under it.
Old 07-10-2010, 03:51 AM
Serving Our Country!

ford will sell you a warranty, just be ready to shell out about $2500 for it.
Old 07-10-2010, 05:48 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

2500.00...? I tried to get one from ford, complete care was 7000.00 and engine/drive train was 4500.00.. I said no to the warranty and spent 5500.00 getting it studded and EGR delete and allot of other things that i thought it would need (all dealer installed) and feel it was better money spent.

IMHO, any warranty company including, ford will find some way to not pay for your repairs... That is my experience anyway.
Old 07-10-2010, 05:53 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Ford has already replaced my ball joints and EATC head, the Powertrain coverage on mine expires left month, they are diagnosing the oil leak, doing an EGR cooler and oil cooler too. I think my ESP is worth the money. I have had my ESP for only 1 1/2 months so far.
Old 07-10-2010, 09:47 AM

you can also shop around online for better prices or to help with a cheaper local price. The online places are Ford dealers and you're just buying it from their online person. Buy online I don't mean a universal used car warranty, I'm talking about the Ford ESP.
Old 07-10-2010, 10:27 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Read the fine print B4 you buy. I was told I had bumper to bumper coverage when I bought my 03 w/104k. Egr and oil cooler went out along with overhead display, well none of these were covered. BUT MY ASHTRAY MECHANISM IS COVERED! Buyer beware.
Old 07-11-2010, 05:25 AM

Quote:
Read the fine print B4 you buy.
X-2
I had a ford ESP running consecutively with my factory powertrain warranty to 100,000 or 5 yrs. to cover everything that the factory would not....and neither warranty covered any of my repairs because it clearly says in both of the warranties in the exclusions, "Does not cover blockages or or issues caused by lack of maintenance", and then they told me that i should have changed my coolant at 30,000 and i would not have had these issues. my maintenance schedule says 100,000.

Now after i have spent about 5,000.00 on fixing the oil cooler and head studs and EGR delete and about 5 other things while i was in there, at the dealer, my service manager says i have a 90 day warranty on the "labor only" because i used aftermarket parts.
I told him that i did not think my warranty was worth the paper it was written on anyway, being that neither one fixed my issues before i elected to solve the big issue myself. My ESP from Easy Care expires in December so i really don't care. I was going to just buy another ESP to 200,000 or 6 more years and they wanted almost 7000.00, 4500 i think for just the engine trans.

This is just my opinion based on my personal experience with a 58,000 mi truck that i bought new at this dealer, where i have always had it serviced, and also got my other truck new back in 1999. The service manager is not my best friend but i have used him for 10 years, and i feel they do great work or i would not have let them fix it. The way my truck is running now, i think it was better money spent that an ESP, should have done it long ago.

Last edited by tbisme; 07-11-2010 at 05:34 AM.
Old 07-11-2010, 07:29 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

You need to find another dealer, that place is ripping you off.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.