What to do? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2010, 02:03 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
What to do?

This may be kind of long so stay with me. I have a 2006 F250 with the 6.0 PSD. I have owned it since new. It currently has 68K miles on it. Now here is where the story begins. I have been maintaining it to the standard set in my owners manual. All Motorcraft parts and have been having it serviced by the Ford dealership since new. It has been in for oil leaks (new bed plate and rear main seal). Turbo issues (one cleaning, one new) and now issues with FICM. Again covered by Ford, but I am begining to doubt this truck. I have the Diesel Care ESP with no deductable and rental (good at all Ford dealerships in US). Should I keep it and run with the warranty (good til 2013 or 250K) or do I dump it and buy something else. I really like the truck and it fits my needs well, I just don't like what I call the "nickel and time" issues. Don't know. I also had new head gaskets and headstuds installed when the cab was off for the oil leaks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2010, 02:16 PM
Powerstroke Techie

I would say keep it. Even if it does end up in the dealership needing the odd repairs here and there, the ESP coverage will more than pay for itself in the long run. At least it beats having to pay out-of-pocket for the repairs, if and when needed.
Old 07-07-2010, 03:01 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to wildfingas
Quote:
Originally Posted by SykoStroker06 View Post
This may be kind of long so stay with me. I have a 2006 F250 with the 6.0 PSD. I have owned it since new. It currently has 68K miles on it. Now here is where the story begins. I have been maintaining it to the standard set in my owners manual. All Motorcraft parts and have been having it serviced by the Ford dealership since new. It has been in for oil leaks (new bed plate and rear main seal). Turbo issues (one cleaning, one new) and now issues with FICM. Again covered by Ford, but I am begining to doubt this truck. I have the Diesel Care ESP with no deductable and rental (good at all Ford dealerships in US). Should I keep it and run with the warranty (good til 2013 or 250K) or do I dump it and buy something else. I really like the truck and it fits my needs well, I just don't like what I call the "nickel and time" issues. Don't know. I also had new head gaskets and headstuds installed when the cab was off for the oil leaks.
I think you already know what you want to do. I would keep it. A warranty till 250K. Thats like a sore pecker, you cant beat it.

It sounds like your having the issues most people have already had and once they went in they were done. The turbo could be from not getting fully used, depends on your driving style.

The rear main seal leak is common kinda sorta.

Honestly from what you saying it doesn't really seem all that bad. The biggest money breaker is probably injectors. Which it doesn't seem like your going to have with the maintenance schedule your following.

I have an 03. It has a very short oasis. Injectors and they threw a turbo at it at like 1000 miles for some reason and an ICP.
Old 07-08-2010, 05:32 AM

68k miles in 4 years, (2013 or 250k mile warranty) I would guess the years will beat the miles so really you have a 2 1/2 yrs left on your warranty.

Unless you got a heck of a trade in I would keep it. Also I would assume you have it paid off or close to it. Good luck with your decision though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.