F250 vs. F350 Suspension - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-03-2010, 07:56 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: North Florida
Posts: 320
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
F250 vs. F350 Suspension

What are the major differences between the two? Springs, axles, etc? Thinking about changing mine to a 350.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 07-03-2010, 08:10 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: York Maine
Posts: 599
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Eagle 33
as far as i know the biggest difference is the block between the springs and the axle. but remember that just becase you make it to factory f350 specs, you still can't legally tow any more than what the door sticker says.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 07-03-2010, 08:17 PM
riddin' high
 

Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: gastonia NC
Posts: 2,880
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dasaliac03 Send a message via Skype™ to Dasaliac03
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle 33 View Post
as far as i know the biggest difference is the block between the springs and the axle. but remember that just becase you make it to factory f350 specs, you still can't legally tow any more than what the door sticker says.
which is how much?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4  
Old 07-03-2010, 08:39 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: York Maine
Posts: 599
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Eagle 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasaliac03 View Post
which is how much?
i can't answer that without looking at your door sticker.

i just wanted to point out that although the suspension could handle more, you can't legally tow/haul more. same goes with airbags/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 07-04-2010, 04:46 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: North Florida
Posts: 320
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
OK, thanks. I'm looking at doing the springs and block swap. I have a buddy that works for the DOT and can recertify it once the new parts are in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 07-04-2010, 04:57 AM
Almostdunfukinwidit


 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Trempealeau, WI
Posts: 30,313
Thanks: 33
Thanked 42 Times in 42 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudfuel06 View Post
OK, thanks. I'm looking at doing the springs and block swap. I have a buddy that works for the DOT and can recertify it once the new parts are in.
Whoa hold on guys. depending on how you ordered the truck if its an SRW the block in the rear suspension and if its an 05 up truck the rear axle could be the only difference

For example I have an 06 F250 I also have the same towing and payload rating as the F350 SRW as I have the same spring package.

Take a few minutes sit down and read your owners manual.

As far as towing unless its a 5th wheel the SRW 250 and 350 have the same exact tow rating. And the 5th wheel towing varies based on spring package
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 07-04-2010, 07:35 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: North Florida
Posts: 320
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Whoa hold on guys. depending on how you ordered the truck if its an SRW the block in the rear suspension and if its an 05 up truck the rear axle could be the only difference

For example I have an 06 F250 I also have the same towing and payload rating as the F350 SRW as I have the same spring package.

Take a few minutes sit down and read your owners manual.

As far as towing unless its a 5th wheel the SRW 250 and 350 have the same exact tow rating. And the 5th wheel towing varies based on spring package
OK, mine's an 06 also. I don't know how it was ordered since I purchased it used. I'm looking at a KZ Inferno and want to make sure I can tow it by upgrading the tow capacity. I'm hoping it's just the blocks and spring upgrade, otherwise I guess I'll do a axle swap to make up the difference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors