What do you think? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2010, 11:25 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Smile What do you think?

Kind of feel like a pain for posting all of these threads. But I am looking for some guidance and you guys have been great so far! Used 2006 Ford F-350 XLT For Sale | Lisbon Falls ME Copy and past this link to you browerser and it should take you to the truck that I want to look at. How do you guys think the price is? Does the truck look to be in good shape to you? What are some things that I should check. Are there any model specific problems that I should be aware of? How do I go about buying a diesel?? I am trading an 06 F-350 Reg cab gasser for this truck.. It has 50k miles. Would that be considered down grading becasue the diesel has 40k more miles?? When do the 6.0's start to see some problems? I out on about 15k-18k miles per year. Will this truck last me for the 5 years that i need to finance it for with proper maint? Thanks again Ryan
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2010, 11:39 AM
Unapologetically American

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Looks like a decent deal to me. I would get an Oasis report on it first though, and see what, if any work has been done to it. As far as looking at it, I would just do as you would a gasser, check the tranny fluid, and the oil, see if there is any odd smells from either, and look the truck over good. I it looks good to you,a nd the Oasis isn't bad, I would say that you'd have a good chance at a good running truck for year to come. Just keep up on the maint and don't drive like a sally
Old 07-01-2010, 11:52 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks...What is an oasis report and where can I get one? Is there a website or do I have to go to a dealer? How much do they cost??
Old 07-01-2010, 11:54 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

What constitutes a "good" oasis report? More work done or less work done? I can picture it going either way. Is this just a good way to figure out if it is a lemon?
Old 07-01-2010, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan21756 View Post
Thanks...What is an oasis report and where can I get one? Is there a website or do I have to go to a dealer? How much do they cost??
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan21756 View Post
What constitutes a "good" oasis report? More work done or less work done? I can picture it going either way. Is this just a good way to figure out if it is a lemon?
Become a Premium memeber and they're free! Or you can go to the dealer, but I have no idea what or if they charge for them

Less work the better, and yes it will, in a way
Old 07-01-2010, 12:01 PM

Be sure to check those tires for weird wear, the plows are hard on ball joints and stuff, and some people don't use them right possibly causing bent frames (I haven't heard of this on the SD, but it could happen) by hitting curbs, or trying to 'hit' the piles with speed to get them to move
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.