Auto Enginuity Version 8.3 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2010, 04:26 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Auto Enginuity Version 8.3

Guys, i just ordered auto enginuity and got it yesterday, i emailed tech support to see if/or when the cylinder contribution test was going to be available for the 6.0 and they e-mailed me a link back for version 8.3, I downloaded it and sure enough the power balance test was on there. I currently have a miss at idle up to about 2000 rpm so i tried the test out & a couple of the cylinders were in the negative numbers, a couple bounced between negative and positive and a couple stayed positive, so im not sure if i just have major injector issues or if the test is not working properly.

I would like to see if anyone else has updated & tried the test to see what kind of results they got?

I know a lot of people have been waiting for this to come out so i just wanted to give everyone a heads up, it was just released yesterday 06/29/10.

Thanks, Ben

Last edited by Ben27b; 06-30-2010 at 04:31 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-30-2010, 06:20 AM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Try running a couple of bottle of Rev-X through it. It won't fix a physically damaged injector but if you have some sticking it works miracles.
Old 06-30-2010, 07:26 AM
Slacker

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Check out your FICM voltages as well. You could have problems with your FICM that appear to be injector related.
Old 06-30-2010, 08:27 AM

It just started missing after i did an egr delete and oil cooler rebuild, it ran fine before i did this. I changed my fuel filters and oil about 2-300 miles ago after doing my egr delete & cooler rebuild, and i put 2 bottles of rev-x in and unfortunately it did not help.

If you look at the motor problems page under the thread "Help Please!! Missing at idle up to about 1800-2000 rpm?" I posted some of the readings i got last night while viewing live data.

How do you log data on AE so i can post it on here?

Thanks, Ben
Old 06-30-2010, 08:34 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Check all your electrical plugs to make sure they are tight.
Old 06-30-2010, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben27b View Post
How do you log data on AE so i can post it on here?

Thanks, Ben
There is a data logging tab you can use. It will generate a .csv file in excel that you can view. However, the only way to play this back as a live graph is with the AE program. There is also an output as an .xml document that you should be able to view with a web browser. That would be the ideal way to output the file for public consumption. However, I get an error trying to open up the .xml file in IE. It's looking like a security issue that IE doesnt like. I havent been able to get it corrected on my own and I've been unable to get a solution from autoenginuity either. A quick web search on the error says to open up the web sources across domains I believe. Still no luck with that one either. If you do happen to come across a solution please post it so any others of us who are having problems can get ours fixed too.
Old 06-30-2010, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by willholl79 View Post
Check all your electrical plugs to make sure they are tight.
Ok will do. Would it show a code if it had a bad connection? Also it seems to clear up after 2000 rpm, could a bad connection cause this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davey~do View Post
There is a data logging tab you can use. It will generate a .csv file in excel that you can view. However, the only way to play this back as a live graph is with the AE program. There is also an output as an .xml document that you should be able to view with a web browser. That would be the ideal way to output the file for public consumption. However, I get an error trying to open up the .xml file in IE. It's looking like a security issue that IE doesnt like. I havent been able to get it corrected on my own and I've been unable to get a solution from autoenginuity either. A quick web search on the error says to open up the web sources across domains I believe. Still no luck with that one either. If you do happen to come across a solution please post it so any others of us who are having problems can get ours fixed too.
Okay thanks i will give it a try and see what i come up with, if i figure anything out ill be sure to post. Thanks Again.
Old 06-30-2010, 06:27 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

isnt there a way to move and check the vgt turbo,with ae?
if the miss goes away it may be the vgt or egr.
you said you changed filters give them another check,the top fuel filter will sometimes twist when the cap is screwed on. make sure you have no little leaks at the oil filter cap or bottom filter housing.did you use motorcraft filters?
Old 06-30-2010, 07:31 PM
Slacker

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Yes, you can command the VGT to various duty cycle %, which open and closes the vanes.
Old 06-30-2010, 08:31 PM

did you replace ipr at the same time as the oil cooler? Would be very wise to do.....all it takes is a tiny particle in the ipr for it to not open and function correctly when the injectors call for more pressure
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.