Just wanted to let you all know...pretty cool idea - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2010, 01:04 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Just wanted to let you all know...pretty cool idea

So, I was considering doing the headstuds myself and was looking around. I live in Phoenix, AZ and there is a place called "U Fix It". It is a large AIR CONDITIONED (very important in Phx summers) warehouse with several different bays. Each bay has its own lift and all the tools you could ask for already on site (including speciality tools and air tools). You rent the bay and can do your work there.

But because I am scared, I decided to look for a mechanic to do it for me sooo I started saving my pennies (FYI if anyone knows a good mechanic in Phoenix area let me know, my buddy wants his truck studded as well so he could get some work).

Anyway, for those of you who are have the know how but not the tools, space, etc...I would check to see if one of these type of places are available in your area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-29-2010, 01:21 PM
Unapologetically American

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
That's a pretty cool deal there, tools, lift AND A/C
Old 06-29-2010, 01:25 PM

I have not heard of any of those. That's cool though. I am thinking about doing some major work on mine and a place like that would be nice for jobs like this. I guess it works on a rental by month or day basis?
Old 06-29-2010, 01:56 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I actually had heard of those in the san diego area from my dad when he worked the power plant in the landfill above mcas miramar.
Old 06-29-2010, 02:08 PM

I can't remember exactly how it worked...But I think they have hourly, daily, and more rates. It got cheaper the longer you rented. You could also keep your vehicle there overnight knowing it was locked up safely.

They did mention they had professional mechanics onsite you could consult for advice because they also had a full service mechanic shop there. Oh, also a library with manuals so you could reference those as well.

They said they became much more popular with the down turn and folks not having as much money to pay someone else to do the work.
Old 06-29-2010, 02:14 PM

There is a similar place by my house in Gilbert. If you want to drop your truck off and get it fixed at a legit shop go see Bullet Proof Diesel. They work on lots of 6Leakers and they are in Mesa!
Old 06-29-2010, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newman View Post
There is a similar place by my house in Gilbert. If you want to drop your truck off and get it fixed at a legit shop go see Bullet Proof Diesel. They work on lots of 6Leakers and they are in Mesa!
They are really good and hear nothing but great stuff about them. Also, for small stuff they have a mobile mechanic services. They are just pretty expensive, but I guess all of them really are for studs. Another place that I hear is really good, but also spendy is Strictly Diesel. But they are in North Snottsdale, what did ya expect lol (hear they are moving to N. Phx though). The guy who owns it was a former Master Tech. for Ford.

Doesn't really matter, I probably won't have enough for the labor portion of the job until Spring 2011. Hardware is the cheap (relative) part!!!
Old 06-29-2010, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerlbaum View Post
They are really good and hear nothing but great stuff about them. Also, for small stuff they have a mobile mechanic services. They are just pretty expensive, but I guess all of them really are for studs. Another place that I hear is really good, but also spendy is Strictly Diesel. But they are in North Snottsdale, what did ya expect lol (hear they are moving to N. Phx though). The guy who owns it was a former Master Tech. for Ford.

Doesn't really matter, I probably won't have enough for the labor portion of the job until Spring 2011. Hardware is the cheap (relative) part!!!
Nate @ Strictly is a great tech. I know him well.

I know what you mean about the cost but you get what you pay for...
Old 06-29-2010, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newman View Post
I know what you mean about the cost but you get what you pay for...
110% in agreement with ya especially when it comes to engine guts.
Old 06-29-2010, 05:04 PM

haha thats nuts ide do it if there was one near me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.