Truck broken into need help - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2010, 12:59 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Truck broken into need help

So last week my truck was broken into, first they took alot but it can be replaced. So i need help on changing my door handle out, what they did looks like they took a hammer and screw driver and knocked in my key lock part of the handle, and the door will no longer lock. So 2 questions can i change the whole handle out and put one with out the key lock on it (so this cant happen again) like the drivers back door or do i need to put one with lock back on? please help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-29-2010, 09:48 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Yes, you can purchase the rear door handles and install them in the front doors to replace the ones in front, as long as you have keyless entry. Here's a link for reference. I have a friend living in Houston who did it to his '06.

Just be advised, however, that if someone breaks into it again by the same method (the plastic part that is not actually the handle can be broken with enough force) that it will most probably do quite a bit more damage than was done by punching the lock. Stands to reason since they are going to have to beat on it quite a bit harder. Either that or he will just shatter the window to gain entry.
Old 06-29-2010, 12:05 PM

There is a metal dodad that you can get that prevents that method of break in, I got a set at a tool box place in PHX. I cannot remember the manufacterer, but they were not expensive. They install inside the doors after you remove the door panels, install was easy, no drilling etc.
Old 06-29-2010, 12:21 PM
KING of BLING!

Jimmi Jammer Passive Truck, Car and SUV Security
Old 06-29-2010, 01:12 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Lubbockguy1979
Jimmy jammers will help but it all depends on how bad they want in. Best bet is not to leave valuables in the truck ans if you do put them out of sight. If you lady friends are with you make sure they don't hide their purse at the place you park. I had a buddy get his window broken and all they took was the purse. Evidently they saw her put the purse under the rear seat. They busted that window and took it.
Old 06-29-2010, 03:48 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Thanks to all for the replys
Old 06-29-2010, 06:26 PM

Sorry about your truck. Same thing happened to mine a few months ago. They punched the drivers door lock and started punching the ignition out before they left empty handed for some reason

Luckily my lock was undamaged but I did need to buy a new handle since they broke mine. Cost me $150 for the handle. I was also going to buy those jimmy jammers but I heard that somebody had them installed on their truck and it still got broken into by popping the lock in the handle so I figured they werent a 100% guarantee and werent worth buying. If they want in they will get in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.