Pressure Gauges - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2010, 06:33 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Pressure Gauges

Alright, a little background - got an 06 6.0, stock bolts, 75k miles, full syn 5w-40 every 5k, fuel filters every 10k since I've had it (bought at 36k), added coolant filter at 45k, 4" exhaust, SCT x3 currently running Spartan's ASE tune as DD. Edge Insight for monitoring. So far, so good - love the truck, runs great, it's my work truck/DD, average about 20k/year, weighs in around 9k, pulls about 8k fairly regularly.
So, what's the question? Oh yeah, anyway, the Insight works great for what it does, got the EGT probe, mainly use it to monitor temps. As most of you know, it doesn't do fuel or oil pressures. So I'm thinking I'd like to do fuel pressure and maybe oil pressure too. Looking at a 3-pod overhead with fuel, LPO & HPO. Or is fuel pressure alone good enough? If I go with oil pressures, where do I tap in to get the readings? Also, recommendations for brands.
Sorry for the long read, appreciate any help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2010, 07:57 AM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
All 3 are good ideas. For fuel pressure the is a port on the front of the fuel bowl where you can put the sender. For LPO the easiest is to put a billet cap on the filter housing which is pre-drilled and tapped for the sender. I don't know where to put the sender for the HPO though.
Old 06-26-2010, 09:36 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsimon724 View Post
Alright, a little background - got an 06 6.0, stock bolts, 75k miles, full syn 5w-40 every 5k, fuel filters every 10k since I've had it (bought at 36k), added coolant filter at 45k, 4" exhaust, SCT x3 currently running Spartan's ASE tune as DD. Edge Insight for monitoring. So far, so good - love the truck, runs great, it's my work truck/DD, average about 20k/year, weighs in around 9k, pulls about 8k fairly regularly.
So, what's the question? Oh yeah, anyway, the Insight works great for what it does, got the EGT probe, mainly use it to monitor temps. As most of you know, it doesn't do fuel or oil pressures. So I'm thinking I'd like to do fuel pressure and maybe oil pressure too. Looking at a 3-pod overhead with fuel, LPO & HPO. Or is fuel pressure alone good enough? If I go with oil pressures, where do I tap in to get the readings? Also, recommendations for brands.
Sorry for the long read, appreciate any help.
I went with fuel pressure gauge and i got the AutoMeter, here is the test port where you tap into it.
http://dan.prxy.org/Truck/6L_bible_h.../Page_030.html
I went with this adapter to make is easy.
6.0L Fuel Pressure Adapter
This is where is mounted mine.
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2...s/columpod.jpg
Then if you install the fuel pressure gauge you may see that your pressure is to low then you will need to install a new reg. kit, here is the instruction on that. Low fuel pressure kills injectors
The Reg. Kit number is 3C3Z-9T517-AG and you get it form Ford
The spring is located behind the small plate that the return line attaches to. This is probably one of the easiest repairs you can make... Take the four screws loose (they are T-27 torx screws), change pull the old spring out of the brass cup, put the new spring in and re-install the plate. When you are taking it loose, keep your thumb on the plate so the spring/cup doesn't pop out and also use your thumb to hold the plate up tight to the fuel bowl when re-installing, so the screws can be threaded in good. If you buy the whole kit (which I think is the only way you can get it from Ford), I would replace the brass cup while you are at it..
You can see the plate and return line here.
Page 30: Fuel Supply System
http://dan.prxy.org/Truck/6L_bible_h.../Page_030.html

I would not buy the aftermarket spring from GDS. It has been shown to raise pressure well beyond what is recommended and risks blowing the internal o-ring in your injectors
The only hard part is the hose is in the way, you need to get a turkey baster a new one and suck out all the fuel from the upper filter houseing that way you don't have a mess. After you are done you have to cycle the key 3 time 15 sec. each time to prime the fuel system. Hope this helps 2 stroker
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.