Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

OIL? I know here we go

882 views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Baddestt 
#1 ·
So the last time I had Ford change my oil. They gave me the 4k sticker reminder for the next oil change. My question and im sure its been asked but is synthetic the way to go to get longer intervals? I see some on here use all sort of different types-some running the John Deere oil,, which is who I work for and can get pretty cheap, but not cheap enough for me to destroy my engine! Im just wondering is there another route or is it even worth it? I also would like some feed back on these oil bypass kits too? Thanks guys! I did purchase one of those fuel pressure replacement springs,, havent put it in yet ,,we will see!

#6 ·
The Deere oil is good stuff. But Im a huge fan of synthetics. I run Schaeffers.

Used to run Amsoil but I get Schaeffers way cheaper

#7 ·
If your on a tight budget, use the Deere 50 10w30 diesel oil....it's stout stuff.

I always recommend to powerstroke folks to use the Shell Rotella T5 Diesel syn blend 10w30....@ walmart for 16/gallon. There is a thread on this forum about it...it's does amazing wonders in our diesel motors and helps clear up injector issues.

If you have money to burn, you can use the Amsoil ACD 10w30 diesel FULL synthetic at $32/gallon.

10w30 is the way to go...IMO:icon_ford:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.