Warranty. Starting not to care.. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2010, 04:44 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Warranty. Starting not to care..

I've been holding off the EGR delete so I wouldn't scrub my powertrain warranty. I have 2yrs/35k miles left. My main concern was getting the heads repaired if the gaskets went. But after talking with a Ford tech, I may not even worry about it. He says if Ford has to do the heads, they use new head "bolts" not the ARP studs to install the heads. To me, that puts me right back into the same situation.

I know there's other problems to worry about, but that is the priciest fix I know of.

I guess my question is, should I do the delete and not worry about the warranty or just wait until it runs out???

My truck is completely stock 07 CC with 65k miles. Purchased it 2 months ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-16-2010, 05:46 AM
Premium Member

When my head gaskets went, I bought the ARPs from the dealer, and they installed them instead of the bolts. If your dealer will do that, it won't mess with warranty because ARPs obviously didn't cause a problem. EGR delete is another story - I'll be waiting for my warranty to end before I go there.
Old 06-16-2010, 06:15 AM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdalhaus View Post
When my head gaskets went, I bought the ARPs from the dealer, and they installed them instead of the bolts. If your dealer will do that, it won't mess with warranty because ARPs obviously didn't cause a problem. EGR delete is another story - I'll be waiting for my warranty to end before I go there.
Depends on the dealer here. Many will install the ARP studs when the do head gaskets but that will void warranty support for the head gaskets technically. If you have a mod friendly dealer they probably wouldn't but it could happen if Ford sends a rep out to take a look. Same with the EGR delete. You really have to look around and find a mod friendly dealer though.
Old 06-16-2010, 06:42 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
im same as you, my truck only has 22k miles on it and 2 years left on the 5 yr part.... im so ready for egr delete, studs, new turbo and injectors etc.... im looking for a mod friendly dealer, im just about ready to forget about warrenty and build a bulletproof engine
Old 06-16-2010, 08:39 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

When I was still on warranty, I ran an aluminum plug purchased on Ebay for about $70. this at least kept any coolant from an EGR cooler failure from getting into the intake and blowing the head gaskets. The original EGR valve could be reinstalled in about 10 mins if I had to visit the dealer. On 03/ 04 remove the blade from the intake butterfly as well, also takes only about 10 mins. If I have any failure in the future, or when I install any additional upgrades I will install the neal industries EGR cooler, retain the aluminum slug in place of the EGR valve, and weld a restrictor into the up pipe(a steel plug with a small hole drilled into the center to restrict, but not completely cut off exhaust flow to the EGR system. Do not kid yourselves stricter emmissions inspections are coming nationwide. A full delete will be a dead give away on a visual inspection.
Old 06-16-2010, 08:54 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
my dealer did arp studs an egr delete for me when they pulled the cab to do the head gaskets you just gotta make friends at the stealership
Old 06-16-2010, 09:07 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

If your only mod is an EGR delete, why are you worrying about the head gaskets failing? I could not tell from your post or sig if you run a tuner or not but if your stock, drive it and enjoy it. 6.0 head gaskets are not a ticking time bomb.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.