Edge Evolution CTS vs SCT Touch Screen Xtreme - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2010, 12:20 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Edge Evolution CTS vs SCT Touch Screen Xtreme

I'm sure I'm not the only one so I thought I would post up and get some other opinions. I am going to be ordering either the Edge Evolution CTS or SCT Touch Screen Xtreme for my '05 F250. I want to keep the grab handle but do not want to mount guages above the mirror so this seems like the best option. If I get the CTS my thought was to also get one of the SCT Flash Handheld Programmers and custom tunes from Innovative Diesel Performance.

I was doing a feature comparison and it appears to me that the CTS has more features and seems a little bit more customizable than the SCT unit. I also do not want to mount it to the window so that seems like it might be a deal breaker but I'm not shutting it down until I do some more research. I think I must have over looked this but it appears to me that you cannot add an EGT monitor to the SCT. Maybe they only give you that option if you have an '08 or newer truck and have the factory probe installed.

I did not look up the SCT pricing but the Edge is expensive (I guess everything like this is expensive) but since I did the research I thought I would post it to share.
  • Edge Products 85200 - Edge Evolution CTS Programmer
  • Edge Products 18302 - Edge Products Gauge Pod
  • Edge Products 98603 - Edge EAS Starter Kit
  • Edge Products 98200 - Edge Backup Camera

Directly from Edge Products - $1256.63
jegs.com - $1,121.96
summitracing.com - $1,117.00

I know you don't NEED the camera but you can't deny that is a cool piece and sure will be handy when I need to hook up a trailer alone. I know the CTS does not release for a little bit longer so know one is running it yet but I'm sure there are other folks out there having the same thoughts I am.

Whatcha thinking?!?!?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-16-2010, 11:11 AM

I need a cricket sound affect...

Old 06-16-2010, 11:27 AM
Unapologetically American

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I am ordering one ASAP for my truck. They have a dash pod for the CTS Edge Products| Product after you buy the little adapter for the CTS. The CS fits in without modification. You will keep your old man handle, and get a great looking setup. There are cheaper backup camera's too, like the license plate frame one. Theirs looks a little bulky for my liking, like telling thieves, "here it is, come and take it". I have an SCT handheld, so I will just program and go. That's the way I'd do it if you don't have a programmer already. I don't know much about the SCT TS though
Old 06-17-2010, 12:02 PM
Another 6Slow

sorry to hijack but im probably gonna order the CTS and i already have a pyrometer on the pillar but if i get it i might as well try to hook it up to the CTS too. does that just use a type K probe? if so could i just splice the probe and have one end going to my pillar and another going to the CTS or would that mess up the reading.
Old 06-17-2010, 03:45 PM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfrank81 View Post
I'm sure I'm not the only one so I thought I would post up and get some other opinions. I am going to be ordering either the Edge Evolution CTS or SCT Touch Screen Xtreme for my '05 F250. I want to keep the grab handle but do not want to mount guages above the mirror so this seems like the best option. If I get the CTS my thought was to also get one of the SCT Flash Handheld Programmers and custom tunes from Innovative Diesel Performance.

I was doing a feature comparison and it appears to me that the CTS has more features and seems a little bit more customizable than the SCT unit. I also do not want to mount it to the window so that seems like it might be a deal breaker but I'm not shutting it down until I do some more research. I think I must have over looked this but it appears to me that you cannot add an EGT monitor to the SCT. Maybe they only give you that option if you have an '08 or newer truck and have the factory probe installed.

I did not look up the SCT pricing but the Edge is expensive (I guess everything like this is expensive) but since I did the research I thought I would post it to share.
  • Edge Products 85200 - Edge Evolution CTS Programmer
  • Edge Products 18302 - Edge Products Gauge Pod
  • Edge Products 98603 - Edge EAS Starter Kit
  • Edge Products 98200 - Edge Backup Camera

Directly from Edge Products - $1256.63
jegs.com - $1,121.96
summitracing.com - $1,117.00

I know you don't NEED the camera but you can't deny that is a cool piece and sure will be handy when I need to hook up a trailer alone. I know the CTS does not release for a little bit longer so know one is running it yet but I'm sure there are other folks out there having the same thoughts I am.

Whatcha thinking?!?!?
Since we sell both, I'm familiar with both programmers. I think the issue is whether you already have gauges or need gauges. If you don't, then the CTS is the way to go; if so, then the SCT might be for you. As far as having something on your dash, the CTS comes with a suction cup arm like a GPS (you can get the dash pod, but I think the CTS looks better without it). It takes about 2 seconds to unplug it and stick it in your glove box -- no different than removing a GPS, really. Then when you get back in, you just plug it in and you have all of your gauges back.

Hope it helps.
Old 06-17-2010, 03:45 PM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bouboy02 View Post
sorry to hijack but im probably gonna order the CTS and i already have a pyrometer on the pillar but if i get it i might as well try to hook it up to the CTS too. does that just use a type K probe? if so could i just splice the probe and have one end going to my pillar and another going to the CTS or would that mess up the reading.
Sorry, the CTS thermocouple is exclusive to the unit.
Old 06-22-2010, 05:04 PM
Another 6Slow

oh ok thanks
Old 06-22-2010, 08:13 PM

I have an Evolution CTS and couldn't be happier with it. Easy to read large screen. VERY responsive, customizable backgrounds. Good tunes as well. It's a good unit, suction cup mount is just fine as well. I've had no problems with mine at all.
Old 11-19-2012, 02:09 PM

Anyone tell me what the differences are between the sct touch screen xtreme and the sct livewire TS is? I already have an edge cts for monitoring but if one or both of these monitors and I can put my tunes on with it that's killin two birds with one stone. So any big differences or any differences at all between the two sct offerings here?
Old 11-19-2012, 02:13 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amfw119 View Post
Anyone tell me what the differences are between the sct touch screen xtreme and the sct livewire TS is? I already have an edge cts for monitoring but if one or both of these monitors and I can put my tunes on with it that's killin two birds with one stone. So any big differences or any differences at all between the two sct offerings here?
The new Livewire TS has more PID's than the TSX. The Livewire TS can also monitor upto 7 external sensors that you can add.

Anybody using the new live wire ts 5015 yet?

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.