Best Solution - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2010, 11:54 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question Best Solution

Got my truck at the dealer and they are saying that the fuel pump is about done and EGR valve is stuck. Im ok with the fuel pump but they want $375 just for the EGR valve. They will put a delete kit on for me but Im just wondering if this is the smartest thing to do or not. Will it mess with the computer? Any issues with the VGT or turbo? Any info would be great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-14-2010, 01:00 PM

no go with the delet kit you truck wont throw a code. best thing besides studs i ever did. fuel milage came up. plus its a good time to clean the turbo and intake. after that shell run 100% better
Old 06-15-2010, 07:20 AM

Just found out that the dealer will not do the delete for me and says that the are not allowed to do this. Trying to find a shop in the Louisville, KY area to do it for me if anyone knows a good place or not too far away from me. They said that my EGR valve is bad but I dont want to replace it if I am going to delete it anyways. How long can I drive it with a bad EGR valve before it causes problems and takes out my cooler or something worse?
Old 06-15-2010, 10:29 AM

Have them clear the egr codes and just unplug it. if its stuck shut you should be ok to drive it to a different shop. but if its stuck open you could always clean it and put it back in, then unplug it
Old 06-15-2010, 10:52 AM

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
If its deleted will throw a CI light. If you have a SCT the code can be deleted. Each time you take it to the dealer you need to restore factory settings just in case the dealer reflashes your truck. Otherwise a SCT won't work after the flash. Everytime I take mine in they see the CI light and know the DGR has been deleted and I will clear the code when I reinstalled my tunes. My son is a Diesel Master in Tenn. He will w/w you on a EGR delete if interested, email him at: swh01213@verizon.net. Good Luck...Steve
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.