Why to buy a 6.0 over a D-max - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2010, 08:57 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Why to buy a 6.0 over a D-max

So I love the way the Fords look and the suspension they have, but I love the Power of the D-max with the Allison. I can't make up my mind. So give me reason's why I should by the 06-07 F250 6.0 over the same year Dmax.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2010, 09:13 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

You are already a member of a FORD forum for 1.. 2, you can make the same power on either truck. 3, both trans are actually pretty much equal IMO. 4, its really down to what you can get that you want for the money. Both trucks have awesome fan bases and tons of aftermarket parts. I would choose the 6.0 over the dmax just for the hydraulic injection system. I personally like the part where if you do major damage, or forget an oil change, or let the oil get really low that the truck will simply shut off.... I think that the 6.0 sounds nicer with a decent exhaust when you really beat on one.
Old 06-12-2010, 07:03 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to Lubbockguy1979
I've always driven chevys. Always loved chevys. I've had ford trucks at work and like the superduty just not the gas motors. Fot a great deal on my 04. Loved it the size is awesome. Parking was the only hard part. When it came time to trade I found a 06 dmax for a lot cheaper than the truck I bought. My wife said hey we could get that truck.. I didn't want to step into a smaller truck and well I told her.. " I've got 123k on my truck and the d@minute dash dosent rattle. Every chevy I've ever owned the interior rattles like crazy after a 40k." So now I have a 06 f250. Tuned they are comparible. The trannys are not the torqshift with proper tuning will take a lot more abuse. The allison is limited to 100+ hp in stock form. Now both can ve built extrenely strong but for a true heavy duty truck there is only one truck. Weighed my truck today 8200# of steel. Yup its all there. A chevy would likely be a literal ton lighter.
Old 06-12-2010, 07:22 AM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I like Ford's better. I am just not comfortable behind the wheel of a Chevy. If you want to tow the Ford has it all over the Chevy hands down. The Ford is better looking. Ford didn't going crying to Obama for bailout money.
Old 06-12-2010, 07:30 AM

Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to dereku
yup I would take a ford for the sheer fact that they didnt take your tax paying dollars.
Old 06-12-2010, 07:42 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
reason #1 Its a

Reason #2 The people running Chevy actually sent out a memo telling their employees to stop calling the brand Chevy and only refering to it as Chevrolet. Even though their website is Chevy.com. They have proven that the people in charge over their dont kow what the F they are doing.

A Dmax can be a fast truck if you just want to drag race it, but if you need a truck to work hard, and last while doing it, I would( and did) choose a Ford.
Old 06-12-2010, 07:52 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
I agree, no more Government Motors! We run Fords for our loggin company cause the Chevys do not hold up. Granted, we're talkin gettin abused on gravel roads every day and that's not what you're gonna do but it's nice to know you could without it fallin apart.
Old 06-12-2010, 08:14 AM

The ford body/frame/drive-terrain can take a beating like you cannot imagine.. for the average joe it makes no difference, and driving the heavier ford around just equals getting less mpg, but every logging/oil rig/back country/military/ commercial outfit always runs superduties because they can handle 10x there advertised load/towing weight and not break in half, chebys cannot..... Just comparing the engines alone, i can see the dilemma.
Old 06-12-2010, 08:17 AM
Unapologetically American

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Ford is the toughest truck you can buy, hands down. I heard from a guy that used to dot he Ford testing, and they took one of each of the big 3, similarly equipped, and drove them as fast as they could around a offroad testing ground. The chevy made it around ONCE before they took it off the track. Threw it on the lift, had three cracks in the frame behind the fender . The Dodge did better (don't remember how many times it went around) but still cracked the frame somewhere. The ford went around 60 some times, and they just got bored, so they quit beating on it

AND the gov't doesn't have ANYTHING to do with the way they do business
Old 06-12-2010, 08:28 AM

forgot to ask, you plan on lifting? I got tons of cheby friends that have converted cause big lifts and hard off roading was more important then their previous brand loyalty... chevys dont do good with large lifts, just the way the driveterrian is setup, not meant to be easily lifted, they dont use the heavy duty front ends that ford and dodge use.... one of my buddies has a large lifted D-max, and it runs on an entire ford front end.....thats expensive..... you plan on lift and bigger tires? any off roading?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.