Is this a good deal? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2010, 01:30 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Is this a good deal?

Hey Guys, I have been looking for my first diesel truck now for a few months. I have been spending alot of time looking at 08-10 250's and SRW 350's. In my search however I came across this truck: 2004 Ford F350 XLT, $25,674 - Cars.com Click this link the cars.com is not working: http://certifiedcarsinc.com/vehicle/...lersite#ar_top
Now I dont know alot about the 6.0, so Im trying to do my homework. But for 13-17 thousand dollars less than the 08-10's I was looking at this one seemed to be a good deal to me, especially with the aftermarket goodies already on it. I mainly wanted to see if you guys thought this truck was a pretty good deal for the year, mileage and over all condition as judged by the pictures in the link. I have looked at this truck in person a couple months ago, it seems like its in really good shape from what i noticed, I didnt however get a chance to look under the hood. I didnt pay super close attention to it at the time because they where originally asking $30,000 and i would have rather spent a little more and got the 6.4, but now that its at $25,000 its looking much better now. Just let me know what you think, if its still to much or if you notice anything thats off, and even things to look for, thanks everyone.

Last edited by Meaty JTizzle; 06-08-2010 at 01:57 PM. Reason: link doesnt work
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2010, 01:40 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meaty JTizzle View Post
Hey Guys, I have been looking for my first diesel truck now for a few months. I have been spending alot of time looking at 08-10 250's and SRW 350's. In my search however I came across this truck: 2004 Ford F350 XLT, $25,674 - Cars.com
Now I dont know alot about the 6.0, so Im trying to do my homework. But for 13-17 thousand dollars less than the 08-10's I was looking at this one seemed to be a good deal to me, especially with the aftermarket goodies already on it. I mainly wanted to see if you guys thought this truck was a pretty good deal for the year, mileage and over all condition as judged by the pictures in the link. I have looked at this truck in person a couple months ago, it seems like its in really good shape from what i noticed, I didnt however get a chance to look under the hood. I didnt pay super close attention to it at the time because they where originally asking $30,000 and i would have rather spent a little more and got the 6.4, but now that its at $25,000 its looking much better now. Just let me know what you think, if its still to much or if you notice anything thats off, and even things to look for, thanks everyone.
I got nothing but cars.com
2 stroker
Old 06-08-2010, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 stroker View Post
I got nothing but cars.com
2 stroker
For some reason I cant get the cars link to work. I added another link at the end of the message, hopefully that one will work.
Old 06-08-2010, 01:51 PM

6.0 how many miles ive got 278000 on mine
Old 06-08-2010, 01:53 PM

i redid lifters and some other engine work and now may require a ficm mod or injectors bit shes far from dead
Old 06-08-2010, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhitman View Post
6.0 how many miles ive got 278000 on mine
it only has 60,000 miles on it. I attached another link at the end of the post hopefully that one will work now.
I also will add that the dealership is also going to give a 5year/100,000 mile warranty with the truck
Old 06-08-2010, 02:01 PM

not a bad deal iam in texas where these things are a dime a dozen got my f-350 king ranch with full ranch hand bumpers front and back kandn filter 35inch BFGs mud terrains for 15500 cash( 2006)
Old 06-08-2010, 02:13 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I think you could talk'em down even closer to $20k. That looks like a nice truck though.

With the money you'd save you could do all kinds of stuff to it: studs, egr delete. And make quite a nice rig out of it.

I bought mine for under $20k, but mine is a reg cab, with a stick shift. So, get them closer to $20k and I say GO FOR IT!!

I love mine!!!
Old 06-08-2010, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meaty JTizzle View Post
it only has 60,000 miles on it. I attached another link at the end of the post hopefully that one will work now.
I also will add that the dealership is also going to give a 5year/100,000 mile warranty with the truck
That is a good looking truck, i like white they don't show the dirt the same color as my 97. If that is a true 5year/100,000 mile warranty then you would have to cut almost $3000.00 off the price for that year of truck if you could get one for 5 years.
The 03-04 have had the most problems, but if you are lucky you can get a good one in all years. I got a 6 year/70,000 mile warranty just because i really trust this motor. Mine had 17,000 on it and has 24,000 now. It will out pull my 97 2 to 1 pull my 5er. I say it would be a buy, it's not top of the line but a good looking truck. Get an Ozasis Report first.
2 stroker
Old 06-08-2010, 05:48 PM

Have them throw in Ford's 200,000 mile warranty.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.